• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

AE Hancock and AE Park Avenue sizing comparison

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone provide me some insight on how the #4 and #5 lasts match up? I'm looking at a #4 (the Hancock) in an 11D, but my only AE experience is the park avenue. I understand that the #5 last is longer and more narrow than most other last and that the #4 is shorter and wider.

Does anyone out there own both shoes and if so, what sizes do you wear in both?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own both. Both are in the same size. I find that both the A-E #4 and #5 lasts are a good fit on my feet in my normal size, but not everyone finds this to be the case. The A-E #4 last was my favorite last--the most comfortable on my feet. Alas, it is now gone with the wind.

AintDatRite

Reaction score
Goodyear Welted Styles
There are ten different lasts used to manufacture Allen-Edmonds welted footwear, or those styles designated by a four-digit number. The last number is the same as the style's final digit.

0 Last (000)
A more pronounced cone and elongated forpart with a subtly clipped toe create a sleek silhouette. Top Sellers: Evanston, Manhattan, Berkley, Bel Air

1 Last (511)
Similar to the 7 Last from heel to the ball of the foot, yet with a more rounded, fuller fitting toe. Top Sellers: Leeds, Wilbert, Shelton, Bradley

2 Last (692)
A square toe last with a more pronounced cone. Developed to accommodate a PORONÂ
cushion inner sole. Top Sellers: Perry, Warren

5 Last (65)
This is the longest in length of all of our lasts; best for a long, narrow foot. Top Sellers: Park Avenue

6 Last (206)
A long, sleek last similar to the 8 (108) last, but with a narrower heel for a closer fit. Top Sellers: Leyland

7 Last (97)
Best fit for the average foot; similar to the 3 Last but lays flatter in the toe area. Top Sellers: Grayson, MacNeil

8 Last (108)
Elongated forepart with a tapered and flatter toe; similar to the 2 last. Top Sellers: Thayer, Hale, Delray, Clifton

Ashton 8 Last (678)
Modeled after the 7 last, but with a fuller squared-off toe. A good fitting last that is built with additional depth to accommodate Allen Edmonds removable orthotic. Top Sellers: Ashton

9 Last (79)
Tapered back portion pushes the foot forward to fit low across the top of the foot rather than the instep. Top Sellers: Randolph, Cody

Athleisure Styles
All of Allen-Edmonds sophisticated athletic-inspired Athleisure styles are manufactured on one last.

Athleisure Last (708)
An elongated forpart and low profile enhance the comfort features. Top Sellers: Peyton

Handsewn Styles
Handsewn Styles are constructed on one of six lasts. Look below to find the characteristics of each last.

Handsewn Last (114)
Semi-round toe handsewn last. Shorter to reduce slipping in the heel and gapping in the sides. Top Sellers: Walden, Nashua, Maxfield, Stowe, Holton

Handsewn Last (145)
Tapered, square toe handsewn last with an elongated forpart; fuller fitting. Top Sellers: Hamlin, Burke

Handsewn Last (800)
A classic handsewn last with a semi-rounded toe and roomier instep; longer forepart than the 555 or 114 lasts. Top Sellers: Hampton

Handsewn Last (1005)
An updated look on our classic handsewn last. A longer forpart and low profile create a perfect fit. Top Sellers: Campbell, Alton

Handsewn Last (2592)
A rounder, fuller toe handsewn. 1/8" longer than the 114 last to accommodate a fuller sock liner with heel-to-toe padding. Top Sellers: Eastport

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 132 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 249 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.6%
  • 31 - 40