AE CEO posting on AAAC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imainish, Apr 22, 2009.

1. jefferyd

jefferyd Senior member Dubiously Honored

He and Manton had a little spat. This forum wasn't big enough for the both of them!

So Sator built himself a new sandbox to play in. [​IMG]

www.cutterandtailor.com

2. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

3. Mr. Claymore

Mr. Claymore Senior member

Sator still seems to post but not in the elaborate and technical way he used to. He was the great historian for this forum. I hope he will still share his great knowledge base and image archives with us. The forum he has created is extremely technical and at this point seems more tailor oriented -a little above the interests of most posters here.

That said, I think a duel by drapier might be far more appropriate considering the argument.

Manton might have the upper hand being able to move faster in his roomier clothing or Sator might with the more padding and greater protection of heaver cloth in his.

Only time will tell.......

4. randallr

randallr Senior member

Link to the Manton vs. sator shoot-out?

I think it's the thread about drape. Basically Manton got mad because Sator is more concerned with the tailoring and cutting process. I don't know, long story.

5. jefferyd

. The forum he has created is extremely technical and at this point seems more tailor oriented -a little above the interests of most posters here.

There are subfora on British trad dressing which, I think, are visible only to registered members, and would be of greater interest to the general public.

6. Mr. Claymore

I just found it last night after doing a little research to find out what Sator has been up to lately. I will have to delve into it more. Your discussion on the difficulties of cutting for bodybuilders is very interesting. I am glad Sator has created a place where you can talk about such things in detail. I look forward to reading further.

7. Mr. Claymore

Also, what is up with the pictures? Do they show up within the post if you are logged in?

8. jefferyd

Also, what is up with the pictures? Do they show up within the post if you are logged in?

I'm not sure. I know that quite a bit of content is only visible when you are logged in (on purpose) but it's possible that there is still some debugging to do. I'll mention it to him. I think that the subfora could be quite interesting to non-tailors so it's worth a visit. David Page Coffin and David Hober have been discussing making 7 fold ties at home, which may also interest a few........

9. Sator

Sator Senior member

I'm not sure. I know that quite a bit of content is only visible when you are logged in (on purpose) but it's possible that there is still some debugging to do. I'll mention it to him. I think that the subfora could be quite interesting to non-tailors so it's worth a visit. David Page Coffin and David Hober have been discussing making 7 fold ties at home, which may also interest a few........

Actually, all of the fora should be visible. I did consider setting up the non-technical fora so that they were visible only to members early on, but decided against it. As you know, the C&T's origins have nought to do with any issues with members here on SF. In fact, it's not even meant to be competition for SF/AAAC/FNB.

10. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I think it's the thread about drape. Basically Manton got mad because Sator is more concerned with the tailoring and cutting process. I don't know, long story.

Uh, no. I got sick of him constantly saying that drape = sack, no difference, and just repeating that over and over when I and half a dozen or more people who actually wear drape tried to explain to him -- in words and pictures -- what our clothes are actually like. I really had no idea he would have a hissy fit and quit the forum over that.

Apart from that, and until then, I never really had a problem with him and even enjoyed his stuff, though I eventually found the "wear 28 ounce cloth to the beach" schtick got old after a while. I actually like heavy cloth, and take a lot of absue for that on FNB, but I can't wear the weights that Sator can. For instance, I have Lesser 16, which he says we wears in the summer, which would be absolute torture for me.

11. randallr

randallr Senior member

Uh, no. I got sick of him constantly saying that drape = sack, no difference, and just repeating that over and over when I and half a dozen or more people who actually wear drape tried to explain to him -- in words and pictures -- what our clothes are actually like. I really had no idea he would have a hissy fit and quit the forum over that.

Apart from that, and until then, I never really had a problem with him and even enjoyed his stuff, though I eventually found the "wear 28 ounce cloth to the beach" schtick got old after a while. I actually like heavy cloth, and take a lot of absue for that on FNB, but I can't wear the weights that Sator can. For instance, I have Lesser 16, which he says we wears in the summer, which would be absolute torture for me.

These are serious issues, I understand your trauma.

12. onix

onix Senior member

In fact, it's not even meant to be competition for SF/AAAC/FNB.

Sorry for thread hijacking, but what is FNB? Thanks

13. Nexus6

Nexus6 Senior member

14. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

These are serious issues, I understand your trauma.

You brought it up, dude. I just corrected your incorrect account.

15. Nexus6

Nexus6 Senior member

Uh, no. I got sick of him constantly saying that drape = sack, no difference, and just repeating that over and over when I and half a dozen or more people who actually wear drape tried to explain to him -- in words and pictures -- what our clothes are actually like.....
    [​IMG] Manton? [​IMG] Sator? Though I am new here to SF, I am sure that I speak for many to say you are both irreplaceable. Your knowledge and wisdom both, cannot be easily measured. I am learning so much from you both. You two have such a history and mutual respect for one another, that to end an association at this point would be fruitless. Both of you offer excellence, and it's because of your (and others) teachings, and selfless sharing of the information, that we are all enriched. You are like bacon & eggs I thank you both. I salute you both. We need you both! May we all be blessed for a long time to come by your collective presence.