• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AE 7th Ave

spicolli1976

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am wanting to switch things up a bit and am considering the denim AE 7th Ave. I am thinking about this shoe with dark and light gray suits, but I can't make up my mind. One side of me says "These are not functional with a suit" and the other side says "This would be a good, different combo."

I would really appreciate your honest feedback. Thanks!!!

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend wearing this with a suit...

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't even wear them with jeans. No.

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure how these won the Parsons design challenge for AE. These are hideous and should be burned.

printyra

Reaction score
Not sure how these won the Parsons design challenge for AE. These are hideous and should be burned.
Did you happen to see any of the other Parsons designs? Which one do you think was better?

I agree though. I do not care much for the shoe.

spicolli1976

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will stick to what looks good and not worry about doing something different.

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you happen to see any of the other Parsons designs?  Which one do you think was better?

I agree though.  I do not care much for the shoe.

The loafers on the bottom right are more practical IMO. I think the problem with the project was that it was created by students focused on high fashion. High fashion and classic men's dress shoes clash.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a longtime and loyal A-E fan, I'd have to say the 7th Avenue is most definitely not my style. Might be okay for some sort of casual attire, I suppose.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have more AE shoe designing talent than any "Parsons student"

A little shoe I like to call the Allen Edmonds Brownsville

Inspired by the means streets of the outer boroughs, the Brownsville combines the silhouette and detailing of our Ashton with multicolor patchwork leather from Horween - the last remaining cordovan manufacturer in the U.S.

Honoring the Brooklyn neighborhood of Brownsville, the unique colorway is a fresh interpretation of urban American style. The steezy cordovan colorway will achieve a unique patina with each wear. The toe features steel plating for enhanced curb-stomping utility.

This "webgem" is available to order on-line or through retail sales associates, however it is not stocked in-store.

35clmo9.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads