• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AE 30% off at Amazon / Buying advice

senseigmg

Reaction score
Just saw this here. I'm in need of my first real pair of brown dress shoes before I head out to clinical rotations in 6 months, any input on the Cambridge vs. McClain?

hmmurdock

Reaction score
Picked up Merlot Park Aves - were already on sale at $250...final price $175.

thesilentist

Reaction score
I've had the Strand in walnut for a few months now (5-6) and super pleased with the shoe. While it's not a wingtip, I do like that the captoe has broguing. Also, the heel looks nice, with sort of a gradient of colors going on.

I find that AE shoes on sale fall within a "reasonable" price range for me. Personally, I'm debating getting the Bayfield boot.

Zmony

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this.

Picked up walnut Strands and brown 5th Aves for $205 each.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get some Martegani Lucca2 instead. According to that page, they're also on sale (from endless.com, which is affiliated with Amazon).

2010-11-03f.jpg

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up.

Just picked up another Presidio - with default rubber sole this time.

On a side note: John Lobb just sent me an email saying the South Coast Plaza store has a sale on the 12/4-12/11.

jussumguy

Reaction score
Between this and the Brooks Brothers sale, I just spent ~$1000 in a couple of days. Thanks styleforum!

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clicked through to amazon from the link provided, followed sale link on amazon, found a pair of chelsea boots I wanted, and no discount was applied upon checkout. I tried the same thing, clicking through from amazon's email to me, following sale links all the way. No discount applied on checkout. Classic bait-and-switch IMO.\\

Edit: Love your Martegani Lucca2s, bleachboy. I would 've bought a pair myself, but I have a similar pair of shoes in the same color, as well as a pair of the Lucca2 in shell cordovan.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also got the discount on my AE purchase. Maybe it is only certain brands?

Hackett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by senseigmg
Weird, I ordered my AE last night and got the discount

+1. I know I read somewhere in there that not all brands were subject to the discount, though. If there wasn't a link to the "special offers" page, then the shoe didn't qualify.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads