• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advise on Hermes mens wallet

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought it was a 308.

nah.

308:

308_cookout.jpg

328:
Ferrari-328-GTS_2.jpg

ThatGuy

Reaction score

Based on the guy's avatar, he drives a late 80s Ferrari 328.
Nice car, but not unreachable for even most relatively successful people.

If you live in America, you can buy a nice car.

If I was there, I would be driving a Porsche 911 from day 1. Sports cars in the US mean nothing... unless you are talking about the top-end super cars.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really. But some people need to hear things.

There is nothing I need to hear from you.

If the key on that keychain isn't to a Ferrari you are a huge douche. Just sayin'.

Not that it is any of your business, but yes it is a key to my 328GTS Ferrari. If I didn' have the car, I sure as hell wouldn't have the key chain.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the combo of red and white interior. Never seen that before

Thanks. As far as I know its the only 328 delivered that way from the factory. I've heard a Testarossa and Mondial also exist in the same two tone crema and red combination, but I can't confirm that. Its rumored that the Testarossa is part of a collection that belongs to the owner of a Ferrari dealership.

I know its not Hermes however have you considered a Bally Wallet? Very sharp and durable for a daily wearing wallet. The pictured below has a coin pouch but I am sure there are models without.
Have you also considered a nice card holder? (Hermes or other) Suprise suprise I have a Bally card holder in a similar style to the below that I use when I go out to bard and etc. Nice and thin and just enough slots for ID, Credit Card and some cash.

Nice textured Bally. That pattern holds up very well over time. I've had a Prada and a Porsche Design wallet in similar patterns and both looked really good after a few years of daily use. Smooth calf skin wallets often look old and tired in less than 2 years.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry, thought this forum is about discussing about fashion and stuff.
Not mock a new user who is just seeking opinion.

It not that i have no cash to buy the wallet, i just prefer to spend it somewhere else like watches.

Its just that now i want a nice wallet to pamper myself.

If this is the kind of response i get by just wanting to get some opinion on a particular brand of wallet then guess i am in the wrong forum.
Just buy the wallet. Men have very few accessories compared to women. After all, you aren't some dude that wears earrings, necklaces, and bracelets to work, are you? Just buy the wallet. **** the dumbasses that tell you it won't get you laid-- they remind me of the wannabes that have more invested in their rims than their car.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how come you don't have one of the newer styles, the ones with the sleek curves, yours looks like a hunk of junk from the 70's that you are trying to pass off as a real farrari. i kno if i was an owner of a second rate farrari i would be embarassed to say to other people i own a farrari and then show up with that. comon son.

Look at the interior pic. The car on the other side is red and the one in the first pic is black. Not only that the roof is up in the 1st pic.

Not sayin'...just sayin'

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OP, this forum is full of cheap young guys who are mostly white. They hate on Asians who can afford to buy new and expensive things. Look at what is posted on the sales boards. Run down shoes in Cordovan leather. These chunky Alden's are a favorite here.
They also have very strong group think. Look at the conservative business dress thread. Most of these guys are trying to better their lives with clunky shoes and thrifty buys. Elitists who look down on others. Skinny guys who look for the fittest of slim fits - these are for fit guys like me!
It's a board. So lot's of haters.
I say Hermes makes fine leather goods. I would not go for a wallet, as I am happy with LV for now. Have you tried LV's Nomad and the other dark brown leather series?
Welcome and hope to see pictures of your purchase.

It must suck not being at least 6' tall.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Checked the Launer website and they only do 8 slot wallet.
Too big.

Thanks for the other tips given i will sure check them out.

But LOL at how the discussion even includes Ferrari's now....

My all time fav car is the F40.
Try April in Paris.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Look at the interior pic. The car on the other side is red and the one in the first pic is black. Not only that the roof is up in the 1st pic.
Not sayin'...just sayin'

I would hope your kidding, but if your not did you ever think he just posted two photos that he already had of the car on his computer instead of taking new photos to post now.

-LR

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks.  As far as I know its the only 328 delivered that way from the factory.  I've heard a Testarossa and Mondial also exist in the same two tone crema and red combination, but I can't confirm that.  Its rumored that the Testarossa is part of a collection that belongs to the owner of a Ferrari dealership. 

Nice textured Bally.  That pattern holds up very well over time.  I've had a Prada and a Porsche Design wallet in similar patterns and both looked really good after a few years of daily use.  Smooth calf skin wallets often look old and tired in less than 2 years.

By the way, Dino have you ever brought your car to the Tutto Italiano show at Larz Anderson?

-LR

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how come you don't have one of the newer styles, the ones with the sleek curves, yours looks like a hunk of junk from the 70's that you are trying to pass off as a real farrari. i kno if i was an owner of a second rate farrari i would be embarassed to say to other people i own a farrari and then show up with that. comon son.

If you can't spell Ferrari, please don't waste my time trying to talk about them. If you are going to be embarrassed it should be because of your ignorance and lack of manners. Please go back to school, learn how to spell, and stop writing run on sentences. I hate to think my tax dollars will have to continue to support someone like you.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you live in America, you can buy a nice car.
If I was there, I would be driving a Porsche 911 from day 1. Sports cars in the US mean nothing... unless you are talking about the top-end super cars.

huh?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads