• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Advice!

BlueSky

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I will soon be receiving a pay rise (hooray!) & will then be able to buy clothes to a standard which both my work & taste requires.

What would you suggest for:

1. Business shirts

2. Suit

3. On a slightly different note, I will soon be going overseas to the hot sunny climate of Fiji, does anyone have any recommendations for some trendy board shorts/swim shorts?

In regards to the shirts & suit, I am looking to spend around $150 - $200 per shirt & around $1,000 on the suit. I am a 20 year old guy & I live in Sydney.

Thank you for your help

gordon gartrell

Reaction score
I would suggest Hawes & Curtis, TM Lewin, Thomas Pink and Turnbull Asser (more pricier) for shirts. As far as suits go, Brooks Brothers do a remarkable job.

Originally Posted by BlueSky
Hi everyone

I will soon be receiving a pay rise (hooray!) & will then be able to buy clothes to a standard which both my work & taste requires.

What would you suggest for:

1. Business shirts

2. Suit

3. On a slightly different note, I will soon be going overseas to the hot sunny climate of Fiji, does anyone have any recommendations for some trendy board shorts/swim shorts?

In regards to the shirts & suit, I am looking to spend around $150 - $200 per shirt & around $1,000 on the suit. I am a 20 year old guy & I live in Sydney.

Thank you for your help

RichmondStyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gordon gartrell
I would suggest Hawes & Curtis, TM Lewin, Thomas Pink and Turnbull Asser (more pricier) for shirts. As far as suits go, Brooks Brothers do a remarkable job.

If by "remarkable", you mean getting people to buy fused suits for $900, I would definitely agree.

btw - I finally dropped by my BB on Sunday and they had sold out of all 42L's in anything but the Madison. Crazy.

Antonio Centeno

Reaction score
If I were you I would seriously consider a made to measure or bespoke option. If you search this forum you'll find tons of reputable vendors who are either based in Australia or who visit your beautiful country on a regular basis.

The key to getting a great custom suit and shirt is 1) to know what you want and to convey that to the person building your garments and 2) to realize that your first set of garments will most likely need further adjustment until you are 100% percent satisfied.

As to the first part, you should spend quite a bit of time reading through this forums archives, visit an online men's style advice sites like http://www.atailoredsuit.com/mens-st...ored-suit.html and read up on the basics, then return to this forum and ask good, very detailed questions that only years of experience can answer.

As for the second part, you need to have the courage to send your clothing back for adjustments and be willing to work with the vendor to reach perfection. It is possible.

Best of Luck

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami