1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Advice: Wings + Horns Jacket Dilemma

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AR_Six, Jan 19, 2009.

1. 2Scoops

2Scoops Senior member

man i've been eyeing that m65 jacket since it first dropped...

2. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

...can't help with your coat decision, but thanks for the heads up regarding the sale.

I wish I could be there to check everything out. I just might give the boys a call tomorrow.

As I say, I'm happy to pick something up if you'd like.

3. warmpi

warmpi Senior member

I was in the store a week ago. 50% off... but no smalls, few mediums.
    story of my life.

nice guys though.

4. Viktri

Viktri Senior member

JD_May, did you notice whether or not the w+h sneakers on sale ? If they are I'll grab myself another (or few) pairs

5. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I did not note the discount, though I did see 2 models there.

6. Viktri

Viktri Senior member

I'll check it out tomorrow then, thanks.

7. irbe

irbe Senior member

I think W+H sneakers are an sale, check out their blog. I think they do ship since they are / were an affiliate.

8. bure

bure Senior member

Well take into consideration the fact that my big frame is pretty hard to fit in general and you're probably better off. It does work out nicely for the sample sales though.

Haha it's all good, I'm just being jealous [​IMG]

If you buy the Nice Collective, do you have another 2 items you really want to buy at Gravity Pope for sure? Because if not, then you might be buying 2 mediocre items that you'll regret getting. I still say get the W+H M65 if it suits you. They're so sleek and the silver zippers really do it for me..

Oh and the W+H sneakers are definitely on sale. Though if someone is interested, I might be selling my pair of black/white mid-tops..

9. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Yeah... there is a Rag and Bone mac coat that I would like (fits me really well) though even at its sale price it's priced higher than I think it's really worth and I could get it elsewhere. They have some shipley & halmos leather too. Although if someone else around here has 2 items they want to pick up at GP for under 380$, we could work out an arrangement whereby you buy one, get the 2nd for 125. If anyone is interested in such a collab, or anything else taking advantage of that sale (say taking some extra $ off an already discounted item) let me know.

10. thirdman

thirdman Senior member

It's pretty solid. In BC (where I am and where the stuff is made) it's fully adequate for just about any temperature we get on a regular basis. Which means it probably wouldn't do you if you live in Winnipeg or Edmonton where it's -20 celsius in the winters, but it's definitely pretty thick. I have a jacket / cardigan thing from W+H that is quite warm and the M65 and Mack are made thicker than that, so you can imagine. It's a very good city jacket.

Cool, thanks for the help. I am in Winnipeg, actually, so it would be more of a spring/fall jacket, but you can never have too many of those...

11. irbe

irbe Senior member

I own the W+H Mac and it is almost perfect. The jacket is hefty and well constructed, the fleece inside the pocket is super soft, the length is perfect and the details are spot on.

The only thing that I would want on this jacket is an inner lining instead of exposed fleece, as it is not quite warm enough to wear in the dead of winter.

I don't have the jacket but have tried it on. I agree - I can never imagine just wearing that as a winter jacket, especially in sub zero temperatures.

12. jim_n

jim_n Senior member

what sizes/colors do they have in the m65? I may be interested in a collabo purchase with you..

13. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Black L / XL, I did not see if they had any M. Most of the stuff is in larger sizes. The Mack is in brown, and they definitely only have L and XL in that.

14. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Well I went kind of off the board and picked up the NiCo leather trimmed trench coat at Roden Gray. Thanks to those who vouched for NiCo outerwear, this is the first thing I've bought from them and it's good to know people have had good experiences. We shall see how my mileage varies. [​IMG] I put it on and it just fits amazingly well size and colour wise. The brushed canvas is awesome, just slightly antiqued-looking. I am still pondering picking up the M65 as well though as it's near perfect, just not quite as warm. For those who were asking about sizing: there is very little left in M or smaller. No tiger fleece. Also there aren't any W+H dayton boots, so you'll have to wait for the next run unfortunately.