Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Advice: Velvet blazer outfit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by doriangray87, Dec 4, 2012.

1. doriangray87

doriangray87 Member

Hi, I'm trying to put together an outfit for a christmas dinner party.

I have a the below Velvet navy blazer and I have decided to pair it with this shirt:

[​IMG]

Firstly the collar has a black rim, so - Do you think this works with the blue?

Secondly I plan to replace the visible top button on the shirt with this small gold and navy (not black) button (I got the idea from a Versace shirt I saw of almost similar design but they didn't have my size) :

[​IMG]

I also have 2 large versions of this button that I could put on the blazer to match, but my thoughts right now is that doing that would be too much. Better just the nice touch of a single small button on the shirt, thoughts?

To match bottom half:

Option 1 (my initial thought) : Dark navy tapered suit pants and Dark Brown shiny Mezlan shoes (They're actually a lot darker, the flash lightened them in this photo):

[​IMG]

Option 2: Black tapered suit pants and long black Sergio Rossi brogues.

Option 3 (just a random thought): White pants but they're more like chino's than suit pants. I have the above brown shoes or some light tan toe-cap Allen Edmonds to match.

Also any suggestions for what my pocket square could be like, other than white (and obviously not navy)?

Thanks guys,

I'm having a lot of fun putting this together :)