• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice sought re: Cartier watch for wife (pics included)

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - just wanted to get input as I am about purchase a new Cartier watch for my wife. She is set on the Roadster. The debate is the pink dial vs white dial. She really likes the pink dial currently. As this is a large purchase for us and the watch will be meant to last for years, just want to make sure it doesn't come off as too "fashion-y" that will be undesirable 5 years down the road. The pink is pretty subtle in person ( more like a light rose color), but it's definitely there.

Anyone care to chime in? thanks! For background she is in her low 30s.

Sorry - pics only of the watches, not the wife!
Cartier-Womens-Roadster-Pink-Dial.jpg

white-1.jpg

smruss

Reaction score
White definately. When she is old Pink will seem to cutesy and you will have to buy her a new watch. Plus white goes with anything

fox81

Reaction score
can you post a photo of the wife, err, just so we can see what will go with her skin tone?
devil.gif

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pic in the OP is of the pink dial ? It looks white on my monitor

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
the pink dial is nice, but if its something she plans on keeping for awhile...go for white no question.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Now I see it. White def.

My sister has it in pink, looks too fashiony like the Chanel / Dior ceramic watches.

alebrady

Reaction score
absolutely no question - white.

wives need us to direct their misguided inclinations in these types of things....though, of course, i am not married

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are you going to be spending so much on a quartz watch (disclaimer: my wife's also a Cartier fan....
confused.gif
)?

Xenon

Reaction score
Listen to your wife! get her the one she wants regardless what might happen in the future, the watch is for the NOW! It is not for you or us or anyone else--- just her!

If down the road she wants white instead, cartier will replace (at substantial cost) the dial.

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone!

Originally Posted by Lonneker
Why are you going to be spending so much on a quartz watch (disclaimer: my wife's also a Cartier fan....
confused.gif
)?

No kidding! That's discussion for another day with her though...

Originally Posted by Xenon
Listen to your wife! get her the one she wants regardless what might happen in the future, the watch is for the NOW! It is not for you or us or anyone else--- just her!

If down the road she wants white instead, cartier will replace (at substantial cost) the dial.

Oh, really, did not know that, wonder how substantial it is.

smruss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xenon

Actually Cartier Will ONLY replace the dial of the same color to repair it, They will not Change the color under any circumstance. I just called them today to ask how much it would cost to repair my dial and they said they do replace them but only the exact same one.

atila

Reaction score
My family has been in the jewelry business for almost 30 years now so I guess I can give you a couple tips...

Do not ever pay retail. Believe it or not, websites like Amazon and AuthenticWatches.com have comparable prices to almost what I pay.

I know AuthenticWatches.com is a very reputable website and all their merchandise is real and guaranteed as well as guaranteed 3 year warranty on the movement. I honestly would purchase from them with 100% confidence. Furthermore, their price is unbeatable, it's only about 10% higher than what we can get, and like I said we've been in the business forever.

I think with Amazon it is more dependent on the particular reseller.

With replacing the dial, you can mostly get it done without having to go through Cartier themselves. I'm not sure where you live, but we have a lot connections to resellers in downtown LA who can replace those things at a fraction of the cost.

Like I said, that one depends on where you live but worse comes to worse, if you don't have resellers nearby, and Cartier refuses to install a new face, you can always order the face you want through them and have a reputable jeweler install it for you.

As for which to get, I would personally get my wife the color she wants. I understand your concern, but I'm sure you've conveyed your feelings to her and she's considered it when making her choice.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

good luck!

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your wife is in love with the pink dial I'd say go for it. As nice as your gesture is, the white dial represents a compromise for her, which will fall short of what she really wants. You're probably already aware, but Cartier has a number of satin straps for the Roadster, so that can give her some flexibility when matching with her outfits.

Source through alternate channels and with Cartier's price increases you should be able to near break-even down the road. Loads of Cartier on the market...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads