• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice Sought: Help me out Lawyers and all of SF

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was recently in a very warm climate 80-85 plus weather. I wore a navy blue polo short sleeve at an outside lunch business meeting. Perfectly appropriate as a business casual meeting. It fitted me quite appropriately but I am built as everyone knows anyway at my company. And as some of you at SF may know I am quite the workout guy.

My potential Issue:
Upon me making a strong counter arugment to a proposed business plan sales objective. A member of the opposing manager's team said to the effect, "you need to lay off the steroids."

I let this slide at the time as I did make a fairly but also professional argument against a esteemed manager but I did not agree with the proposal. There is loyalty among these divisions and competitiveness but still....

Obviously I feel the statement about steroids, which is utterly and completely false and completely out of line. However, it could be seen as a joke of some sorts but I hardly know this other guy.

The question is:
1. Should I just let it slide
2. Request an apology of some sorts
3. Show them my blood work
lol8[1].gif

4. Beat the guy up
boxing[1].gif
lol
5. Am I being a bit too sensitive ;-)

or any other recommendations.

Thanks in advance.
And Thanks for any insights.

spence

Reaction score
Yea, that's certainly unprofessional...but it could have just been a smart assed jab and nothing more.

I tend to let my work speak for itself in these situations. If you know your stuff than your co-workers are more than aware of the potential ass he made of himself.

-spence

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ignore it. Even if he's in the wrong, nothing good will come of making an issue of it. Besides, the time for asking for an apology has passed. You'll look like a baby if you ask for one after all this time has gone by. IF he keeps bringing it up then you might consider telling him that you've never used roids and would appreciate that he stop making such comments, but so far it's just been the one comment, so drop it.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ignore it. the guys was a prick but you are being oversensitive. Lay off the estrogen.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** his wife/girlfriend ********** and take a polaroid of it and send it to his job.
teacha.gif

spence

Reaction score
You might want to self moderate that post Dirk
censored.gif

-spence

No Shoes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dirk diggler
**** his wife/girlfriend ********** and take a polaroid of it and send it to his job.
teacha.gif

ROTFLMAO!!!

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dirk diggler
teacha.gif

I'll work on that.
lol8[1].gif

Kasper

Reaction score
I don't know if I would feel comfortable wearing a polo shirt under such circumstances. Maybe he was actually trying to make a comment on this but it came out in a very inappropriate manner.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kasper
I don’t know if I would feel comfortable wearing a polo shirt under such circumstances. Maybe he was actually trying to make a comment on this but it came out in a very inappropriate manner.

1/2 the salesforce was wearing polos. 80-85 degrees outside dinning. Straight Navy polo. Nothing unusual other than I'm in shape and most of our force are not. And it wasn't overly tight.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i think this guy feels threatened by you in some way since you are up there in same line of work he is and not only that you are big and work out and that is some point alot of guys feel competitive in.

the fact that you may have beaten him with your counter for the business meeting this guy comes up with an ad hominen ? tactic only known tool for smaller minded persons, dont let it affect you (Unless he continues this to you) this once and

just not only present yourself physically bigger , but character wise bigger than him as well. he just trying to see if he can make you stoop to his level.

wise to let it slide like you did. if he continues again, take it up in private with him .

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
i think this guy feels threatened by you in some way since you are up there in same line of work he is and not only that you are big and work out and that is some point alot of guys feel competitive in.

the fact that you may have beaten him with your counter for the business meeting this guy comes up with an ad hominen ? tactic only known tool for smaller minded persons, dont let it affect you (Unless he continues this to you) this once and

just not only present yourself physically bigger , but character wise bigger than him as well. he just trying to see if he can make you stoop to his level.

wise to let it slide like you did. if he continues again, take it up in private with him .

I was surprised at the attention it brings. I will have to agree as one counter part said he wanted to box with me and said, "you're big, but I think I can get you with quickness". Most other guys just joke around which is pretty funny to me all and all. I guess if you are in shape the steroid card is immediately thrown out by those who are not athletic. Trust me, I am very small compared to the guys who do workout with the juice. I'd weight at least 20 to 40 pounds more if I truly did. I guess it's best to take it as a compliment to hard work and good nutrition from a jealous and ignorant fool(s).

Yes, I didn't respond to it as it was so ridiculously lame and had nothing to do with business whatsoever but some attempted cheap shot. And yea, we have alot of TV, ESPN professional channel flippers. And out of shape ones at that. I'll put it up to his mind only had that to come up with to counter a legit business argument and his loyalty to his superior.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ignore it and be the bigger man. Probably just jealousy talking anyway.

Kasper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
1/2 the salesforce was wearing polos. 80-85 degrees outside dinning. Straight Navy polo. Nothing unusual other than I'm in shape and most of our force are not. And it wasn't overly tight.

I think that your best revenge would to dress more professionally than him at the next meeting. He wouldn't be able to say anything bad if you were in a dress shirt and he was trying to make negative comments while wearing a polo shirt.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kasper
I think that your best revenge would to dress more professionally than him at the next meeting. He wouldn’t be able to say anything bad if you were in a dress shirt and he was trying to make negative comments while wearing a polo shirt.

Yes, I usually don't wear polos, but the weather was desert style. It's funny, because I've always been in this shape for years and no one has every made such a deal as with a short sleeve polo. Kind of a sad state as some people still behave like little kids in my opinion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads