• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Advice size - APC Jeans

inbeforetheboat

Reaction score
Good morning folks,

I'm a first time poster but I have a need to just talk about my little issue here.

My size is usally 33/34, that doesn't say much of course, but my first purchase of some real jeans was actually a couple of months ago from ACNE. They were in size 32/34, they felt tight from the start but after a couple of weeks with some washing and wearing they now feel perfect. Perfect fit. you know that magic feeling. They are and were not slacky at all but not ultimately slim, just perfect.

Now I received my order from APC, I bought those that are called Petit Standard Jeans, size 34 because 33 wasn't available in their sale. My first impression is that they feel like any other random jeans from any cheap stores. They feel a tad loose.
My question is, will they shrink? I feel 50/50 towards them, I see summer oppertunities, but they just don't feel like my Acne-jeans at all. I paid over 100 euros (still sale) so of course I need to love them to keep them..

My second question is, how should I wash these? Like normal in the wash machine?

Vaio

Reaction score
there is already an apc thread for sizing. As for washing, im pretty sure people say to use woolite + a soak in the bathtub. But idk as i have yet to wash mine
Also, if they're raw denim, you need to size down two. example: waist 32 --> 30 And i don't relaly like that color of jean.

tehbry

Reaction score
Personally I size down 3 from my true waist size 2-3 inches below my navel. Thus, I wear 28 in APC.

G0079

Reaction score
yeah, you bought at least two or three sizes too big. They're going to stretch out even more than what they are right now, to boot.

inbeforetheboat

Reaction score
Thanks everyone , will return these straight away.

Sorry if I missed the official post but needed some quick replies, which I got. I'm thankful.

Prada: Ye, consider I'm taller and look better than you do, yeah I'm that special.

Cheers

whatever123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by inbeforetheboat
Good morning folks, I'm a first time poster but I have a need to just talk about my little issue here. My size is usally 33/34, that doesn't say much of course, but my first purchase of some real jeans was actually a couple of months ago from ACNE. They were in size 32/34, they felt tight from the start but after a couple of weeks with some washing and wearing they now feel perfect. Perfect fit. you know that magic feeling. They are and were not slacky at all but not ultimately slim, just perfect. Now I received my order from APC, I bought those that are called Petit Standard Jeans, size 34 because 33 wasn't available in their sale. My first impression is that they feel like any other random jeans from any cheap stores. They feel a tad loose. My question is, will they shrink? I feel 50/50 towards them, I see summer oppertunities, but they just don't feel like my Acne-jeans at all. I paid over 100 euros (still sale) so of course I need to love them to keep them.. My second question is, how should I wash these? Like normal in the wash machine?

dude ...

kit99bar

Reaction score
I followed this advice 3 years ago and got jeans that are way too small in the legs. Make sure the jeans fit your thighs.

Originally Posted by tehbry
Personally I size down 3 from my true waist size 2-3 inches below my navel. Thus, I wear 28 in APC.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.