1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Advice requested for cotton jacket shrinkage plan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Naive Jr., Oct 21, 2015.

1. Naive Jr.

Naive Jr. Senior member

I intend to buy a 40R unstructured unlined 100% Brisbane Moss 215g cotton jacket and shrink the sleeves and shoulders so it fits me, 38S but sometimes too tight.

My plan is motivated by my wish to be able to wash the cotton jacket to remove disco dance sweat anytime.

The clothes shop stated it is not responsible and claims Brisbane Moss claims the cotton is preshrunk. My research online about preshrunk cotton shows it can be shrunk.

Any advice regarding my procedure of inducing shrinkage, etc.?

2. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

bad idea.

there are other parts of the jacket that may shrink more or less.

lining in the sleeves.
    taped seams..

3. Naive Jr.

Naive Jr. Senior member

Thanks, Shirtmaven. I shall ask the shop salesmen if the Brisbane Moss cotton 215g unstructured jacket has sleeve lining and taped seams.

I located Brisbane Moss twill cotton 215g (too light for a jacket?) at Luxire, not for jackets but trousers. Luxire indicated cleaning by "cold wash machine, tumble dry"!?

Maybe that means the jacket shop buyer did not misunderstand Brisbane Moss, and the cotton cloth 215g is indeed preshrunken?

Although the jacket shop salespersons all are against my idea to wash their jacket, Luxire contradicts them regarding a cotton cloth made by the same mill in the same weight, yet its instruction is oddly cautious?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015