• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Advice/opinion on Victoria rubber sole (Carmina Jumper Boots Oscar)

El Fede

Reaction score
Hello,

I am considering purchasing these beautiful Carmina Jumper Boots Oscar in brown grain.

http://www.carminashoemaker.com/mens-boots/jumper-brown-80184

They come now with Victoria rubber soles. It would be appreciated if you could provide feedback on this product regarding its performance, grip, durability, flexibility, etc. The tread on it makes them more suitable for mid-late autumn and winter and for boots, it seems like it is more versatile than Dainite, but less chunky than Commando. Also, due to the tread, the edge of the sole won't touch the floor, would this come as "unrefined" to your eyes? Would you rather have Dainite? (and as in my case would be, store them for the most of the Nordic winter)

Thank you in advance and happy autumn to all!

Best regards,

El Fede

Last edited:

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've been wondering the exact same thing. I love this boot but I kinda wish it was in Danite like it has been in the past, or at the very least would be interested in learning more about the Victoria sole and seeing pics.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's actually called a Victory sole. I don't have any experience with it, but some say that it is a bit better in the winter than studded Dainite.

El Fede

Reaction score
I've been wondering the exact same thing. I love this boot but I kinda wish it was in Danite like it has been in the past, or at the very least would be interested in learning more about the Victoria sole and seeing pics.

I think it's actually called a Victory sole. I don't have any experience with it, but some say that it is a bit better in the winter than studded Dainite.
Thank you brillopad and breakaway01

Google didn't give me much on "Victoria sole" but did better with "Victory sole".

@breakaway01 As you mention it does better in the winter. The more open sole profile of the Victoria gives it an advantage on snowy conditions (doesn't get clogged) over Dainite (lacks enough grip on snow, etc) or Comando (tends to get clogged on snow and slush and rough feel on the dry).

Found this too:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/277505/epaulet-x-carmina-mto/420

It suggests Victory is part of the Dainite family, I'm awaiting confirmation from the Carmina people.

Still, it would be nice to have first hand info on the comfort and durability of the Victory.

The Carmina boots are very nice but a sole I have no info on comfort, durability, etc. and no storm welt is not the kind of motivation to what I've been avoiding, spending more than I should on the C&J Islays......dammit!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 55 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.8%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%