1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on work shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by WiseMenOfGotham, May 1, 2013.

1. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

The lighting in that pictures is less than ideal. Those actually look brown. In better lighting, they may pop.

2. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

EDIT:

Double post.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  3. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

As others have suggested, some shoes that are chunkier and/or have more design details (like broguing).

If there's any chance of coming into contact with body fluids on the job, avoid light brown and more suede. Consider cordovan instead.

10 sounds like the maximum rotation size. 6 is enough, but the current variety is lacking.

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  4. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

Why would OP come into contact with bodily fluids at work? OP, do you work in a urine factory?

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  5. Sonny58

Sonny58 Senior member

I believe he said he is a physician.

1 person likes this.
  6. WiseMenOfGotham

WiseMenOfGotham Well-Known Member

Do you have any suggestions for a chunkier shoe? I'm currently considering the Alden Longwing Blucher in Cordovan on the Plaza last (the "Mafoofan shoe"). Regarding body fluids, there is a high potential for me as a physician in the hospital. However, it hasn't been an issue yet. I refuse to wear "crocs" or sneakers with my dress clothes and white coat.

Also, what other specific shoes would you suggest for a more complete variety? I definitely prefer sleeker shoes but I am open to all suggestions. Thank you once again.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  7. Alvinbmx

Alvinbmx Senior member

Chunkier? Do you mean thicker soles?

You can check out Church's thick sole series. Trickers and Sanders might also have what you want.

8. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Chunkier as in thicker leather, thicker soles, and upper design details (actual and virtual thickness). Though with extreme height, thicker soles should be avoided, and chunkiness should be avoided in general if the feet are disproportionately large. Assuming that is not the case, the Alden sounds like a good choice.

9. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Senior member

Sorry for the drift but where does one get the "mafoofan" Alden shoe?

10. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

Umm...Alden? I think you have to special order though.

11. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Senior member

That's what I meant and I should have been more clear; if it's a stocked item or something special ordered.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  12. charleslee89

charleslee89 New Member

Nice list you got there! Although I tend to be more of an oxford shoe type of guy, I kind of like the shoes list you have. I think a casual burgundy shoe would be nice. It’d look good with black or navy suits

You’ve got good taste in shoes my friend, although I’m not too keen on suede shoes. I prefer leather shoes any day. I suggest you get chestnut brown semi-brogue shoes. They’d be a perfect addition to your shoe list.

I’m not really a fan of shoes, I only keep 2-3 pairs of shoes (mostly oxfords) to work, but I must say, I’m quite impressed with your list. It certainly shows you’ve got good taste. My shoes are mostly of brown and black shades. Nothing too fancy but they do look good and are quite durable for work.

I own 2 pairs of Charles Tyrwhitt shoes. One black contemporary calf punched derby shoes and a black Paddington full brogue derby shoes. I’m not quite picky with colors, as I prefer black over anything else. You might want to check Charles Tyrwhitt shoes, they’re really good.

Hey I found these on Google and I thought they might fit nicely in your list http://vesperblack.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/brown-brogue-shoes.jpg