• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice on these sneaker selections

PolePosition

Reaction score
Looking to expand my sneaker collection. Opinions on the following picks? And please don't say "go get Chucks". I have a pair and people always compliment me when I wear them but I cannot stand the paper thin canvas construction.... so hence these are Chuck replacement selections lol.

_5727814.jpg

_5727815.jpg

_5700790.jpg

_5668528.jpg

1_92250_FS.jpg

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nah to all, do you have a specific price point? if you can swing the $$ I would say CP's, if not then maybe some PF Flyers, Spring Court, adidas stan smith, creative rec., etc.

PolePosition

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kixslf
all those shoes suck except the polo

cop some ******* Cee Pees

I liked the Polo the most myself. Found the others since I was looking for other choices besides the Polo...no love for classic Asics or Adidas?

I'd like to spend $75 or less....what's CP? I seen that thrown around from time to time but couldn't figure out what it was LOL.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
common projects, they retail around $325-$350 but can usually be had for around $200-$250. However for the price range you are looking in I personally would grab some of the more subtle creative recreations or springcourt or PF flyer.

I have tried classic ascis and do not like how they look with my denim (both fit and style wise). I am really into the mid/high thing right now so I am kind of bias toward that. Classic adidas are always a good choice but not the shell toes imo, just get regualr stan smith if your going that route..

efujobu

Reaction score
shell toe addidas are always classic. You can never go wrong with classic sneakers. Other than that, the other choices are a no go.

there are subtle models for Tretorn. How about Vans?

PolePosition

Reaction score
Looked up the suggested brands. Based on aesthetics and on how they feel, I'd have to say that I'm not a fan of canvas top shoes. Just look and feel too flimsy to me.

After looking into Superga and the Adidas Stan Smith seems that I must be more of a leather fan lol....so that narrows it down at least, leather top sneakers (some suede upper sneakers look alright too).

The Polo's are still on my list and here are some additions that I seem to fancy.

8521-725971-p.jpg

8521-725970-p.jpg

8835-41292-p.jpg

1396-627565-p.jpg

(not leather but I love brown)

Oh and my usual attire is dark denim with either sweaters or hoodies.

Any other ones I could look into? Leather or suede upper only....or if the ones I've posted up, any of those look good?...shoe shopping is so hard heh.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whats your style? everyone is basing their judgement on what they like and not with what would look good on u

personally i hate the shoes u posted but thats just me

Trackstarr

Reaction score
hey i have those polos :) but i definatly like the asics red, black, and white ones because i haven't seen anyone with them before. The adidas superstars are 2 plain and everyone has at least one beat up pair stashed in their closet

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spring Court. Look for them on sale, or get creative with the plethora of discount codes on the forum, and you can get some really comfortable nice looking basic kicks on the cheap. Can't recommend them enough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads