• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice on these shoes

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the To Boot ones best but hard to say without more info on what you're wearing

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both of the HB pairs are terrible--especially the last ones. There are many threads here on what to look for in a dress shoe so I won't start a new one.

I don't know much about TBNY, but they look passable.

tgt465

Reaction score
Broguing patterns (the little holes on the To Boot shoe) make the shoe a more casual piece. Most here would consider the To Boot shoe too informal for a proper wedding.

The "Apron Toe" is ugly.

The non-brogued wingtip might be okay.

I assume you're looking at these shoes because they are what your budget allows? The Park Avenue model from Allen Edmonds costs a bit more but is a much better shoe that is formal enough for a wedding.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by entrero
Get a real pair of shoes here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=229174

I hope you're not on a last minute shopping spree...

And from that link, choose the Allen Edmonds Park Avenue in black.

parkaveblackcalf.png

Congratulations for your wedding day and may all go well.

web.boards

Reaction score
1.) What about the Fifth Ave: Black Calf, Brown Burnished Calf, Walnut Calf. Price - Calf $245? I like the look of this one as well as the one you guys suggested.

2.) After the wedding, will these be OK to wear with a suit for work?

Thank you guys.

cmacey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by web.boards
1.) What about the Fifth Ave: Black Calf, Brown Burnished Calf, Walnut Calf. Price - Calf $245? I like the look of this one as well as the one you guys suggested.

2.) After the wedding, will these be OK to wear with a suit for work?

Thank you guys.

Yes. I wear mine with suits.

web.boards

Reaction score
Are the ones I posted the picture of OK for a grey suit and a white dinner jacket?

Thank you guys.

huskyzealot

Reaction score
Do you have to get one of the three shoes posted? There are WAY better options out there.

cmacey

Reaction score
Are the ones I posted the picture of OK for a grey suit and a white dinner jacket?

Thank you guys.

If you want to wear a cap toe, a plain cap toe is the more appropriate shoe with a dinner jacket. Of course, it's your shoe, wear it how you like...the perf cap toe is fine with a dark grey/charcoal suit; for a light grey suit, I'd wear a brown plain or perf cap toe.

tgt465

Reaction score

Yes, the Fifth Avenue in black would be okay for this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads