• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice on selling high end suits, and jackets.

Dwood24

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Dan, and I work for a pretty high file boss, so, needless to say, he spends a lot of money on high end designer clothing. Well, a lot of that clothing, he doesn’t end up wearing, or ends up only wearing it once or so. I end up with a lot of the stuff, and mostly, I usually turn to EBay, but I’m really looking for someone to just make me an offer on everything that I have, because I don’t have the time to piece everything out, and answer a thousand questions on each item. My question is, is there a site or a place that I can go to, that I can post all of it as a lot, where someone can just make me an offer? I have mostly Tom Ford, and Armani suits, and jackets. I have a couple other brands of jackets also. I also have a Brunello Cucinelli suede jacket. I have a couple Panerai watches that were given to me as well. I can’t fit in any of the clothing, and don’t need the watches. I know what everything is worth retail, but i also know, no matter how new it is, it’s barely worth half. I’m not looking to get rich, but I wouldn’t mind selling everything for a small lump sum. If anyone can help me with this, I would really appreciate any kind of advice, thank you!

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Panerai watches from your boss? Nice.

The clothing I would sell through one of the great consignors here. @SpooPoker and @Brianpore come to mind. Just be aware that used or even like-new tailored clothing does not typically fetch anywhere near half of retail. I am not so sure about how best to sell the watches.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Dan, and I work for a pretty high file boss, so, needless to say, he spends a lot of money on high end designer clothing. Well, a lot of that clothing, he doesn’t end up wearing, or ends up only wearing it once or so. I end up with a lot of the stuff, and mostly, I usually turn to EBay, but I’m really looking for someone to just make me an offer on everything that I have, because I don’t have the time to piece everything out, and answer a thousand questions on each item. My question is, is there a site or a place that I can go to, that I can post all of it as a lot, where someone can just make me an offer? I have mostly Tom Ford, and Armani suits, and jackets. I have a couple other brands of jackets also. I also have a Brunello Cucinelli suede jacket. I have a couple Panerai watches that were given to me as well. I can’t fit in any of the clothing, and don’t need the watches. I know what everything is worth retail, but i also know, no matter how new it is, it’s barely worth half. I’m not looking to get rich, but I wouldn’t mind selling everything for a small lump sum. If anyone can help me with this, I would really appreciate any kind of advice, thank you!

PM Sent!

Panerai watches from your boss? Nice.

The clothing I would sell through one of the great consignors here. @SpooPoker and @Brianpore come to mind. Just be aware that used or even like-new tailored clothing does not typically fetch anywhere near half of retail. I am not so sure about how best to sell the watches.

:fistbump:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads