• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Advice on resolving potentially embarrasing circumstances

joobjoob

Reaction score
Here's the situiation: I was out last night with a platonic female friend in a sketchy part of town and a group of male in their late teens/early twenties started making sexual comments about her. Not wanting to get shanked or shot, we ignored their comments and kept walking. Since this is with a friend whom I'm not intersted in, it wasn't too embarrassing. Howeverm, if things like this happen again in the future, what is the best way to respond without looking like a giant pussy?

aphextwin07

Reaction score
trying to be a hero in this situation is like being an hero.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
do exactly what you did unless you are packing a glock!

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
just dont take her out to a sketchy part of town.

and at night with people either drunk or crazy, making uninhibited comments toward anyone, it is best not to get involved, just keep moving. she'll understand. and if you stand there trying to prove youre not a 'pussy' , you'll just in worst case get yourself and her hurt.

basically, there's sometimes going to be shit in the middle of the sidewalk, it's unavoidable. proving your not afraid doesnt mean anything here.
just walk around/avoid it.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"man, those assholes sure got them beer goggles on!"

suited&booted

Reaction score
I've been in similar situations with female colleauges bar hopping in nice spots in various cities all over the world. You don't have to be in a sketchy part of town to run into some rather high spirited chaps.

I just ask my female friend/s if they are uncomfortable and I'm ok with leaving. Quietly walk away but be aware if you are being followed etc. I've seen too many heroes ending up with their heads kicked in.

Nothing cowardly about walking away, just using your brains. The best weapon there is. Besides, them ganging up and making crude remarks about your friend is pretty gutless itself.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joobjoob
Here's the situiation: I was out last night with a platonic female friend in a sketchy part of town and a group of male in their late teens/early twenties started making sexual comments about her. Not wanting to get shanked or shot, we ignored their comments and kept walking. Since this is with a friend whom I'm not intersted in, it wasn't too embarrassing. Howeverm, if things like this happen again in the future, what is the best way to respond without looking like a giant pussy?

There is nothing really wrong with that. You just cherish your physical well being more than your manhood.

ALFAMALE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by charming88
Most cities have one (or two) stores that carry mbt sport clearance. The problem is, local stores don't carry all the styles and sizes. I tried discount mbt shoes on at two different local stores, and in both cases I was presented with mbt shoes clearance that were a half size too large (and told the heel should be loose when wearing mbt sports shoes). The truth is, the heel should be snug. Both stores did let me walk around in mbt lami birch shoes. I even walked outside the store, but you really need 20-30 minutes to get used to them. When you first walk in mbt shoes outlet, you tend to walk on the mbt professional shoes balls of your feet (instead of walking from heel to toe). You feel like you are walking on stilts, and you feel a bit unsteady. Trying mbt m.walk shoes on in the local store actually reduced my confidence in discount mbt shoes, because you don't have time to get comfortable in them.I personally wouldn't recommend it. wholesale mbt shoes are made for walking. Because of the collapsible heel, running in these buy mbt shoes is difficult and takes some practise. You can jog in them, using short strides. womens mbts calls this floating. The motion is different than regular jogging.cheap mbts shoes are best used for walking and normal daily activities. However, Kenyans often win marathons using this type of stride.If you found an mbts shoes online retailer through Google mbt shoes uk sponsored search results, there is no guarantee that the retailer is genuine. Unfortunately, Google has been plagued by click fraud sites mbt for sale designed to game their advertising system, and unfortunately, one of the products that has been targeted is mbt masai shoesr. Because many of the retailers listed in the sponsored results are not authorized resellers, mbt walking shoes is left to you to know what retailers you can trust. Dami.

a troll with a sense of humor..?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.