• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Advice on Postman 101 Shoes

BackyardBrawler

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on a sturdy and durable shoe that I can wear with both business casual and weekend wear. I've come across the Red Wing Postman 101 which would seem to fit my needs, but the internet seems completely lacking in any reviews and I've been hard pressed to find a local retailer that has them in stock.

Does anyone have any experience with these shoes? Or any similar recommendations?

Thanks!

phailing101

Reaction score
Those soles look terrible. They look like orthopedic shoes....

Bentley

Reaction score
As far as I know, Red Wing shoes have a pretty good reputation as sturdy work shoes. I agree with the above poster, though, that they are not particularly attractive.

That being said, I recently purchased a cheap pair of beater shoes for the winter because I was tired of agonizing over whether I was ruining my Allen Edmonds and I quite like them. The shoes I bought were Wolverines which are almost as ugly as the ones you're considering...however, they keep my feet warm, are easy to clean, and if they get wrecked I won't care.

I'd suggest to go ahead and buy the shoes you're considering and let us know how it goes.

Good luck.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • 31 - 40