• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

advice on men's suits

goldfish85

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

I am 5'11'', 160lbs, 38'' chest, 30'' waist, 32'' leg inseam.

I was looking around for a new suit (or two) for interviews and for conferences. I work in the healthcare profession, so I wear scrubs in the OR more often than not (hence the noob factor...) :/

Anyway, today I went to Saks and checked out a few men's suits--Jil Sander, Armani Collezioni, and Dolce and Gabbana. (I also tried on Prada and Z Zegna, but the Prada pants fit a little weirdly -- loose on the waist, tight in the thighs -- and the Z Zegna coat just looked kind of strange -- shoulders a little tight, arms a little loose, middle was also loose?)

Since Jil Sander, Armani, and DG all cost around the same (around $1,800 at saks), I was wondering if people had personal experiences to share about quality? How long do these suits last? I'd really rather not be buying one of these a year......

At this point, I am leaning towards the Armani suit, as the pants fit amazingly. The top is not yet totally known yet as I was only able to try on a 38 short, and I am 38 regular. Conversely, I think the Jil Sanders and DG jackets look pretty good, but the pants don't fit quite as nicely as the Armani.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.