• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

advice on Ike Behar shirt

Azure

Reaction score
Hi folks

I was looking for a glen plaid shirt ( I liked a Pal Zilery malva one with same " Phillip" collar) when I found this one.

For an european, Ike's is an uknow brand so What can you say me about this shirt? http://www.onthefly.com/product/ike-...ll-description

Are they good? It is possible to order it made to measure ( ultra slim) for me, how much?

I would like it in slim fit, but it seems classical feet. I guess my taylor could stretch it, as he does on other shirts.

Thanks

lpresq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Azure
Hi folks

I was looking for a glen plaid shirt ( I liked a Pal Zilery malva one with same " Phillip" collar) when I found this one.

For an european, Ike's is an uknow brand so What can you say me about this shirt? http://www.onthefly.com/product/ike-...ll-description

Are they good? It is possible to order it made to measure ( ultra slim) for me, how much?

I would like it in slim fit, but it seems classical feet. I guess my taylor could stretch it, as he does on other shirts.

Thanks

Wait, what? I'm totally lost!

dclloyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Azure
I mean that how good is that brand. And If I buy that shirt wich seems classical fit could I ( my taylor) turn it into slim as he does on other shirts

Thanks!

A lost european

The Ike Behar's are made for the North American market and cut VERY large, trying to turn it into something 'ultra slim' might be difficult. They're decently constructed and generally use good fabrics - I have several that have held up well.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ike Behar New York , label shirts cut pretty slim, not Dolce Gabbana slim but slim enough for a thin guy.
Construction is decent , good high collars. Sell regularly on Ebay and in Discount stores for 1/4-1/6 of their retail price.

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Behar's fabrics and construction, but I am not a fan of the fit of their shirts. I find that they run quite large. I always have to get a size down whenever I go with them.

You could turn a Behar shirt into a slim fit, but for the price you'd be better off going with another brand IMO.

Azure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Ike Behar New York , label shirts cut pretty slim, not Dolce Gabbana slim but slim enough for a thin guy.
Construction is decent , good high collars. Sell regularly on Ebay and in Discount stores for 1/4-1/6 of their retail price.

Thanks, I liked that glen paid one.I´ll look on ebay. I love those collars, nothing to envy to Corneliani,Canalli,Zileri,Delsiena and best italian brands, and looks far better constructed that " fashion" brands as Versace, Boss etc. I love the collar they calls " Philiphe"

Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander
I like Behar's fabrics and construction, but I am not a fan of the fit of their shirts. I find that they run quite large. I always have to get a size down whenever I go with them.

I am 1,92 tall and only 75 kilos, so I need ultra slim.

You could turn a Behar shirt into a slim fit, but for the price you'd be better off going with another brand IMO.

My taylor only charges me 20 euros for that!

What means IMO?

Thanks pals!

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"IMO" means "in my opinion". On more modest forums, you may see "IMHO": "in my humble opinion".

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fit runs large- there are shops that do a custom program with Behar, you choose the fabric, already in a bundle, and they do the typical 15 or so measurements and send off for cutting.

But I've not seen that online and the only differecne from any other custom process would be Behar's materials (which are quite nice IMHO).

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please don't buy Ike Behar for $150, $100, $50, or even $25.

Azure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
"IMO" means "in my opinion". On more modest forums, you may see "IMHO": "in my humble opinion".

Thanks for the explanation!

Originally Posted by mishon
Please don't buy Ike Behar for $150, $100, $50, or even $25.

Why not?, please explain and tell me your fav shirt makers to understand.
wink.gif

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. Won't go near Behar at regular price. But for instance when I'm going through the piles at Nordstrom Rack and see them for >>50% off, they're absolutely worth a second look.

Azure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
I agree. Won't go near Behar at regular price. But for instance when I'm going through the piles at Nordstrom Rack and see them for >>50% off, they're absolutely worth a second look.

Could you please give me the links, if online of those offers?

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads