1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on high-end sandals

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jon_k, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Neo1824

Neo1824 Senior member

2. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Don't mean to seem conceded, but sandals by definition aren't high end.

I don't think whether you buy $50 sandals or $2,000 sandals you are going to get much sartorial respect.

So don't get hung up on the value of this investment, there isn't a lot of "wow factor" to be had.

After all, when was the last time someone said "Is that a John Lobb Flip Flop you are wearing? It is stunning, just look at the finish!"

:)

-eric

Not all sandals are flip flops. These are made by Loob? Sartorial respected?

http://www.johnlobbltd.co.uk/catalog...rap_sandal.htm

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

4. Infrasonic

Infrasonic Senior member

I wonder how much those things are.

About £2.5k, no discount for sandals as far I'm aware..With a few tweaks to the design I'd quite like those Lobbs. Wonder if G&G could do a copy[​IMG]

I

5. TCN

TCN Senior member

Jesus Christ, it's a footbed with a few straps sewn on. If you spend more than $300 on them, I've got some Picassos hanging on my fridge that I'd love to sell you.

6. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

Jesus Christ, it's a footbed with a few straps sewn on. If you spend more than $300 on them, I've got some Picassos hanging on my fridge that I'd love to sell you.

I actually agree. As I said above, beautiful or cheap, they won't last forever if you give them a lot of wear. They're hard to maintain, even in addition to the lack of materials there to keep them sturdy... you can't insert shoetrees, you can't really polish/oil them, nor can they really be resoled. As well, many of the best sandals use soft/delicate leathers, which scuff very easily. To mention my Loewe sandals again, they are soft, supple, and very comfortable (Loewe is sort of the Spanish equivalent of BV), but every time I wear them I come home with them looking more and more worn, like I've been playing football in them instead of sitting at a table eating lunch.

So, go with whatever your budget allows, but just keep in mind that you won't be wearing these in ten years, unless you wear them twice a year only.

7. mishon

mishon Senior member

Thanks SoCal.

I really like these

http://www.bottegaveneta.com/shoponl...8080b81&page=2

These do look nice. I may have to look into these also as my John Varvatos sandals are slowly falling apart. It would be nice to see the sole on these though; I only like flat leather soles on my sandals.