• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Advice on dress gloves

eshvk

Reaction score
All,
I just started a new job in a cold (for a from California me) place (NYC). I am planning to invest in my very first pair of gloves. From my search on SF, it appears that Chester Jeffries is recommended here. I would like to get their bespoke gloves. However, their selection of gloves is confusing to stay the least. For example, their dress gloves section (which I presume can be worn with formal business wear) has quite a few options which look pretty damn similar like the 'The City Gent' and the 'Man About Town'. Is there a newbie guide to picking dress gloves? Should I just abandon all hope and go to a local store and hope to get something initially?

Matt S

Reaction score
It might be best to start by going to a store. I have a great pair I got a few years ago from Brooks Brothers, though I don't see them on their website currently. The best to start out with is dark brown leather lined in cashmere. They will keep your hands warm. I only wear gloves when it's cold, so I prefer lined gloves. I like dark brown because they look good with most business dress.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am waiting to get mine, but I just ordered a pair of Portolano deerskin with rabbit fur lining. Off Fifth has them for about $75. Most stores should have some good deals as they start clearing out their winter stock.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.