1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Advice on buying a sport coat/pants

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by blaidan, May 30, 2006.

1. blaidan

blaidan Active Member

I am in process of updating my wardrobe, thanks to this board. I recently purchased my first pair of quality shoes during the Polo sale. I live just outside NYC in NJ, so I have plenty of places to shop. Question: Where can I find a great deal on a sport coat? I don't need to wear it often, my work attire is business casual (no jacket required), but if I do need to wear it, I want it to fit well and look great. I'm built fairly slim (6', 170lbs) and I've had problems in the past finding a jacket that is not cut too big.I probably don't want to spend over $400.
    Of yeah, I could also use some new pants. Same problem with alot of pants I try on, the inseam is way to low and the pants fit like a ballon. So any advice there would be helpful.

Thanks.

2. acidboy

acidboy Stylish Dinosaur

sierra trading post is a good site

3. Millerp

Millerp Senior Member

You might want to check out LS Mens Clothing in NYC.

http://www.lsmensclothing.com/

Izzy, the owner is great to deal with and really knows
    about fit. Decent prices too.

4. hughjoen

hughjoen Active Member

I recommend ebay. I'm about your size. I wear depending on the jacket 36R to 38R, 38S and 40R on slim cuts like Theory. It doesn't matter, Buy something basic like Navy, charcoal 2-3 single button double vent, jacket near your size ( fit of the shoulder I think is most important) and have it tailored to fit you. Taper the sleeves, take in the arm holes, and take in the sides, etc. I spend about 40- 50 per jacket on eBay and spend another 80-100 on tailoring and they fit really nice.

5. chorse123

chorse123 Stylish Dinosaur

Do you wear a 40R? Sounds like maybe you do, given your heigh/weight. If you do, head to Century 21. They have Corneliani spring/summer sportcoats now for right around $400.

6. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Do you wear a 40R? Sounds like maybe you do, given your heigh/weight. If you do, head to Century 21. They have Corneliani spring/summer sportcoats now for right around $400.

Man.

7. blaidan

blaidan Active Member

Yeah, I'm either a 40R or maybe 40L depending on the cut. Thanks for the advice. I can go to the Century 21 in Morristown and check it out.

The store in NY sounds intersting too. I'll probably head over there as well.

8. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

Well, just as well I don't live in NY... just what I need, more competition for 38-40R Corneliani... [​IMG] Welcome aboard, btw!