Advice on briefcase/bag for student

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by CKPL, May 12, 2016.

1. CKPL

CKPL Member

Hi everyone!

I'm 20 years old and currently enrolled at a business school. I will also start working at an accounting firm in a couple of weeks and I thought I should invest in a new briefcase/bag. The bag will be used for both school and work.

My cousin gave me a gift card to a brand called John Henric last Christmas so I figured I might as well use it for this purpose. I don't think John Henric have an English website, but hopefully you will be able to navigate the Swedish one.

My favorite so far is Parma Brown. However, I'm also a bit concerned that it might look to "old" for me, like I'm using my dad's briefcase..

Two other bags I like are Vernazza Dark Brown and Tony Chestnut.

What do you guys think? Which bag do you think would be suitable for someone in my situation?

Regards,

Ckp

Last edited: May 12, 2016

2. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Assuming you have a few years of school left, I'd definitely get the Tony Chestnut as it, at least at a glance, appears to be the roomiest and also has a shoulder strap for when you've got to carry a textbook.

It's also the nicest looking one.

3. CKPL

CKPL Member

Thanks!

You are making some great points and I'll stop by their store tomorrow to look at the bags in person.

Have a great weekend.

4. Apollotrader

Apollotrader Senior member

Last edited: May 16, 2016