• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Advice on Black suede Chukka

keeper

Reaction score
I was wondering if you guys can help me out on this purchase. I am thinking of purchasing a pair of Alden Black suede Chukka: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4136/...80486b53_b.jpg I know they will look great with black and darker denim and gray pants (especially flannel) and maybe a suit that has similar colors as this one http://www.bonobos.com/store/item/nailhead_suit. However, it sees like I am drawing a blank after this. I was wondering what is your general view on these boots, their versatility and so on? what other colors I can pair them with? Let me thank you ahead of time for your valuable opinion. Sincerely Newbie

southbound35

Reaction score
I think you've hit the high points for which the black suede chukka would be suitable - black and dark blue denim as well as grey pants. As for pairing them with a suit, I think they're simply too casual.

I have the same chukka in tan and think it's a great casual shoe (worn with denim and chinos). But, that's about as far they go. They're not particularly versatile outside of the casual realm. I think the black color makes them a bit less versatile than the brown shades; but, if you have a lot of black, grey, and dark denim in your wardrobe, they should work well for you.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 74 16.9%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 143 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 74 16.9%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 36 8.2%