1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Advice On Belts

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by bachbeet, Aug 21, 2006.

1. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

My favorite belt that I bought in Firenze is wearing out. I'd like any suggestions as to where to buy a good quality belt at a reasonable price. Is ebay a good place to get one?

2. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

You are on the wrong forum. Generally, to start a thread here, you should be selling something. No problem though.

The answer to your question is: Yes Ebay would be an excellent place to get a replacement belt. Make sure you know your way around Ebay though, and don't overbid or buy a Knock-off.

3. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

rnoldh wrote: You are on the wrong forum. Generally, to start a thread here, you should be selling something.

Well, it is called the buying and selling forum. [​IMG]

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation.

4. Phonebooks

Phonebooks New Member

ebay is pretty good but watch out for fakes

5. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

rnoldh wrote: You are on the wrong forum. Generally, to start a thread here, you should be selling something.

Well, it is called the buying and selling forum. [​IMG]

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation.

Yes, You are right, but the Men's clothing forum would get a greater response for this type of question, is what I meant![​IMG] [​IMG]

6. mtf

mtf Senior member

My favorite belt that I bought in Firenze is wearing out. I'd like any suggestions as to where to buy a good quality belt at a reasonable price. Is ebay a good place to get one?

I seem to have gotten all of mine from Nordstrom Rack. Can usually find a few nice Martin Dingman belts for $20.

7. singlechange

singlechange Senior member

I would also like to ratify using Ebay. Recently I got a Neiman Marcus lizard belt preowned at auction on Ebay. There is a very nice Mont Blanc black leather belt with box on Ebay at this moment . I purchased a Tralfagar alligator belt at Filene's for less than $150 and a brown alligator Martin Dingman at Nordstrom Rack for same price.

8. coatandthai

coatandthai Senior member

I seem to have gotten all of mine from Nordstrom Rack. Can usually find a few nice Martin Dingman belts for $20.

I recently (New Arrivals) found Dingman, Allen Edmunds, Armani, Mezlan and other nice belts at the Rack. Main store stuff, not the usual junk.

9. Stu

Stu Senior member

Lance has had some nice belts from Mantelassi for a while. If I were buying a belt that's where I would start.

STP has, quite often, belts from Allen Edmonds, which are very nice.

10. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Lance has had some nice belts from Mantelassi for a while. If I were buying a belt that's where I would start.

STP has, quite often, belts from Allen Edmonds, which are very nice.

I got some Mantelassi belts, they're pretty good quality and no stupid branding. I would definitely recommend them.