Advice on adding to my suit collection

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by bobbyz, Jan 14, 2017.

1. bobbyz

bobbyz Well-Known Member

I'm looking to add a mig-light grey into my wardrobe and was curious if the choice that was recommended to me would be too similar to the grey I already have.

I've included a picture of my current suit (first) and a picture of the fabric sample recommended to me. Curious for recommendations and thoughts.

Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  2. Regent

Regent New Member

What other suits do you currently own and how often do you wear them? In my opinion the two greys are different enough to make it worthwhile, although it's close enough, I would have thought, to work with the shirts/ties you currently use.

3. bobbyz

bobbyz Well-Known Member

My other suits are also a bit darker. I have a brown with a blue windowpane, navy blue and a black pinstripe.

Another alternative I was considering was this one, but I can't quite picture what it will look like as a suit in order to decide. Anyone have a similar suit or seen a picture of finished product that looks similar?

[​IMG]

4. pjoshea23

pjoshea23 New Member

If you are still looking to see what cuts and patterns you want with your new suit, I would recommend getting a Pinterest account. It'll let you search for specific patterns and cuts so you can at least get an image associated with what you want.