1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sunbloom, Apr 16, 2019.

1. sunbloom

sunbloom New Member

Hello everyone,

If you needed to sell an entire wardrobe of premium menswear, who would you contact and where would you sell it? I'm based in England.

My father sadly passed away last year, and I have all of his beautiful clothing and shoes. I think it's time to sell them, as you can barely move in our garage and to be frank it's quite sad seeing them all sat there. I loved my dad and I loved seeing him in his beautiful outfits. If I were his size and male I would keep them all, I'd be set for life but sadly I am not.

I am so confused about what to do, I really don't want the hassle of selling each individual item on eBay or the buy/sell section etc but I don't know of any secondhand re-sellers that would take the lot.

I was hoping that you all may have some advice.

I attached a picture of some of his shoes, I started to clean and sort them yesterday. These are all John Lobb, apart from 1 which is from Harry of London.

IMG_3849.JPG

2. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Stylish Dinosaur

Contact @SpooPoker

There is no better luxury consigner on here.

3. sunbloom

sunbloom New Member

Thank you!

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thanks @Caustic Man and @sunbloom I have sent you a message earlier!

5. sunbloom

sunbloom New Member

Thanks everyone for the advice and contacts, very helpful indeed.

6. ter1413

ter1413 Stylish Dinosaur

I 2nd the rec for Spoo.

7. haloitsme

haloitsme Senior Member

But spoo ain't in U.K. Or Europe :bounce2::rimshot:

8. ter1413

ter1413 Stylish Dinosaur

That's why they have things like the post office/UPS/FedEx/etc. Novel idea....no?
    I am pretty sure Spoo gets items shipped to him from outside of the US.

9. haloitsme

haloitsme Senior Member

Package costs, insurance, import tax / customs ... etc. it ain't that easy ...

Do you know you get quoted a rate on a pontential sald Price. I don't know the us rules, but it all depends on size and value...

and if there are exotics, good luck getting cites ... just my 2 cents. If he would be in the states, I would asap contacted spoo...

10. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Distinguished Member

If you time it right, you can get a roundtrip NYC to London flight for $350 - $400.