• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice Needed

xunoz

Reaction score
Where can I get bespoke suits in the States or overseas that would provide fabric swatches so I don't have to continually fly to Europe or UK that provides a minimum quality of Zegna Su Misura which is where I draw the line at that would cut out the middle man for example I don't want to deal with Saksfifth Avenue just an example and is there any cobblers in the U.S that are decent?

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Read that twice and still have no idea what you are asking.

gsugsu

Reaction score
So you want to do e-bespoke? You don't want to travel anywhere for fittings? It is not really clear on what you are asking.

atoms

Reaction score
You're trying to get a hold of fabric swatches that don't require visiting a tailor? That way you can pick it out then take the material to your tailor?

xunoz

Reaction score
Question #1.

Who are some good bespoke tailors in the United States that are world class and offer suits below 10k?

Question #2.

Is there any decent cobblers in the United States?

Question #3.

What are you guys doing for suits just traveling the world to get bespoke suits?

My situation
I have had bad experience with OTR suits am a size 37 so I no longer buy OTR and what am paying for MTM suits 4k and up is making me wonder if I should just make the effort and only get bespoke suits from now on but my problem is am very busy person and don't have the time to make multiple trips to London, and Europe what would be nice is to find someone offering bespoke suits with a large selection of fabrics that is within the 4 to 10k range which I know isn't alot of money for a suit.

The reason I brought up fabric swatches is because am being forced to travel to my reps to check out fabrics which they already have my measurements so I just go in pick the fabric and leave not really worth the trip.

note: Sorry about the previous post it wasn't very clear.

Last edited:

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question #1.

Who are some good bespoke tailors in the United States that are world class and offer suits below 10k?

Question #2. 

Is there any decent cobblers in the United States?

Question #3.

What are you guys doing for suits just traveling the world to get bespoke suits?

My situation 
I have had bad experience with OTR suits am a size 37 so I no longer buy OTR and what am paying for MTM suits 4k and up is making me wonder if I should just make the effort and only get bespoke suits from now on but my problem is am very busy person and don't have the time to make multiple trips to London, and Europe what would be nice is to find someone offering bespoke suits with a large selection of fabrics that is within the 4 to 10k range which I know isn't alot of money for a suit. 

The reason I brought up fabric swatches is because am being forced to travel to my reps to check out fabrics which they already have my measurements so I just go in pick the fabric and leave not really worth the trip.

note: Sorry about the previous post it wasn't very clear.

Where in the US do you live? You might be able to use a traveling tailor. There are many options depending on location.

xunoz

Reaction score
Monroe and New Orleans Louisiana...

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of the better bespoke tailors come to New York and DC on the East Coast several times a year, and some go to other cities as well. If you are spending that kind of money on MTM, you might as well go bespoke and get the real deal.

Last edited:

xunoz

Reaction score
What about construction though without taking a look at construction etc Has anyone dissected one of his bespoke suits? I figure I will just spend the extra money and go through the hassle of flying out because I can see ending up spending 20k on suits and never really getting what I want that is what am trying to avoid, so I better just play it safe and take aravenel's advice and just commission a few suits at a time I appreciate it I may get something commissioned by MM in the future after I research him more thanks for the link...

What are you guys doing for Cobblers using Bontoni made to measure service something similar or actually going to a cobbler?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads