• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice needed: What to wear with this jacket?

mct358

Reaction score
Hello Gents,

I picked up this Tombolini jacket from my preferred store sale and I'm looking for ideas what to wear it with?

Any opinions and advice welcome!

Shpirt

Reaction score
Thats a pretty versatile pattern - especially being half-lined. You can do dark denim with this jacket for a casual look or a variety of pants, including dark grey, light grey, navy or dark brown. I don't think it will pair well with a light olive/light brown pants - but I think almost everything will look good with it.

Dress it up - by throwing a dark brown pocket square

Dress it down - by wearing faded denim and a black v-neck.

I like the jacket a lot!

mct358

Reaction score
Thanks Shpirt! Good advice!

Also glad you picked up on the pants cause I was not 100perc on those hanging there :)

Definitely taking the points on the casual look and your idea of t-shirt/v-neck is a good one and didn't even think about that.

What you think on business use for shirts and ties?

Shpirt

Reaction score
Light blue shirt with a solid color tie would play well. Something earthy - dark brown, or brown/green would be best. But I would generally wear this piece without a tie...

mct358

Reaction score
Thanks again. Will flip a coin if I will take this jacket to a business lunch, but probably just gonna wear it casually. I really enjoy the jacket too. Its T300Light material and feels very soft and cashmere like. My favourite Tombolini material though is the Zero Gravity which is amazing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads