Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

advice needed- sport coat lines for tall men

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by michaeleldridge, Aug 23, 2012.

1. michaeleldridge

michaeleldridge New Member

Hi all,
    I'm in dire need of a good-looking sport coat, and I tend to favor slimmer, European cuts. My problem is that I'm 6 foot 3 (around 180 lbs), and a lot of the styles I'm attracted to are from lines that don't come in long sizes (I usually wear a 42L). Not to mention that so many sport coats are two button rather than three- not a deal-breaker, but I find that three-button jackets work better on my frame. (All my suits are three button). To top it off, I am a little picky about styling- I want something in a neutral, medium-to-dark brown grey or charcoal, with some kind of texturing but not a window-pane pattern. Something like this prada sport coat would be ideal, style and color-wise (but I don't want to spend that kind of money on Prada, and besides, it's not in my size) http://www.bluefly.com/Prada-slate-micro-check-wool-two-button-jacket/cat10010/317407401/detail.fly

Anyone have any ideas where to look? I had high hopes for suit supply, but I was in NYC and dropped by and none of the cuts quite worked on me- the longs are too slim, the regulars too short.

many thanks!