• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Advice needed on high quality, plain T shirts, that does not lose texture after a machine wash.

NoJawns

Reaction score
So a couple of years back I bought some CDG underwear shirts with a remarkable quality (100% cotton), literally wore them for years, and they maintained their original look. I grew out of these unfortunately.
I later bought some new shirts from the same brand (same source as well), and for some reason they had changed their shirts for the worse.

My question to you is, what would you recommend in regards to the above? No logos, just durable, quality shirts.

Thx

unsuitable

Reaction score
Are you wearing these as underwear?

If so: I have gone all Zimmerli and Hanro. I accidentally got some on sale years ago and it ruined me for low quality undershirts. I have 10 or so. buy 1 or 2 more biannually. My oldest T is 6 years old now and not worn out. I wear a T every day in any climate if I wear a dress shirt (mostly 4 days per week). I see a difference between the models that each brand offers (%100 cotton v modal , etc). I see little difference between the 2 brands. The Swiss know their foundation garments.

If you are wearing a T shirt for outerwear:
I don't have that all figured out. I am nursing a few old Eddie Bauer and Land's Ends tall men's Ts that I have no idea how I will replace in today's marketplace. If someone else has ideas I am all ears.

NoJawns

Reaction score
I have heard about Hanro previously, wasn't aware of their shirts tho, Zimmerli is new to me thx.

I have also bought some Sunspel shirts earlier, and although they come in a great variety of styles (forgot the specifications on the ones I bought), they were disappointing as well.

Looking forward to more input from others.

mcfly26

Reaction score
Although they are very expensive, elder statesman's cotton/cashmere tees are the best around.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.