1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Advice needed on bright chinos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LewisLaw, Aug 13, 2012.

1. LewisLaw

LewisLaw Member

Hello there,

I posted this query in the 'men's clothing' section, but I feel it is more appropriate here.

The other day I purchased two pairs of chinos from Tommy Hilfiger. The first pair are turquoise and the second pair are a red colour. I love the colours, but I just wanted some advice on what other people make of them. Are they maybe too loud?. Also, do you think I should wear them with, or without the jacket?

I have attached some pictures below.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. modguls

modguls New Member

I think the brighter coloured trousers look far better without certain types of jackets. Included in these are definitely striped ones, and those with a pattern. A plain jacket would look great here. Any matching shirt without a jacket also works. Maybe consider a less 'busy' shirt.

3. Dapp

Dapp Senior member

I think they're ok by themselves, but I don't know how I feel about the whole outfit. The red ones in the first picture didn't seem to fit that well though.

4. LewisLaw

LewisLaw Member

What colour jacket would you recommend? And what type of shirt would you suggest? Maybe a white one?

5. LewisLaw

LewisLaw Member

The red ones are the same size and style as the turquoise. Maybe it was just down to how I hurriedly put them on. I still have the receipts so I could make take them back and get something which isn't as 'loud'?

6. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

i see nothing wrong with colorful pants but the fact that you are questioning them so much probably isn't a good sign. if you aren't confident in them, you most likely won't wear them enough to justify the cost....

7. LewisLaw

LewisLaw Member

Hmmm, I think I just need to make the jump and wear them out and about. Hopefully then the confidence will follow. I really do love the colours and whenever I see someone wearing them I do think to myself 'wow, I do like that look'. I just need to find tops that will go with them. So you suggest less busy shirts. Would a polo go with them?

Thanks for all the replies so far.

8. dickenshero

dickenshero Senior member

I personally think that bright colored chinos should be worn slim. Something about loose fitting colored chinos that makes me gag.

Also don't ever wear anything striped with them unless it's a subtle striped T-shirt or sweater.

Just my 2 pennies.

EDIT: I wear white, grey, and white/navy striped shirts & sweaters with my Red chinos, I also wear brown boots/shoes with them FWIW

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  9. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

A not loud patterned shirt usually works. A polo shirt can be a good option, because of options such as a contrast collar that help keep attention near the face instead of on the pants.

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I love "loud" pants. I wore some yellow chinos today. I have others in red, orange, and weird patterns. I've worn them with anything from polos to casual/dress shirts with/without jackets. Pictures are on my blog if you want to search through and see.