Advice needed for wedding shirt please

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by James Tweedle, Apr 20, 2016.

1. James Tweedle

James Tweedle New Member

Hello all,

I am attending a wedding in 4 weeks, and thought it was about time I started getting some ideas together for my clothing.

I've got a navy suit which I will be wearing, and I am struggling with what shirt to get.

Basically, I wanted to be a bit different, and didn't fancy the traditional plain shirt. Would a light pink striped shirt go with the navy suit? Or are striped shirts a no-go for a wedding?

I was also hoping to wear a bowtie for a change. What are the thoughts on this?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks for your time :)

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

1) A white shirt is never a bad idea, Perhaps you could play with the texture. Something with a subtle tonal stripe (but not shiny), something in a good herringbone fabric, those might all work.

2) If you don't want to go with a white shirt, maybe go with a very pale pink, and eschew the stripes, which could be a bit too businessy, and go for either a solid or a tonal pattern. (Yes, pale pink goes well with navy). Something like this Attolini (if you are a bigger guy) could look good: http://www.yoox.com/US/38532075/ite...8VcvjS-FkaAtli8P8HAQ#cod10=38532075DK&sizeId=

The important thing is that the shirt be in a warmer, brighter, tone, that is both suitable for spring/summer (there are darker pinks that are more fall), and that lends something to your outfit, but is not going to jump out too much.

I would say that with colors like pink, that it really needs to be a high quality shirt, This is not a shirt to go budget with, or it will be just terrible, You don't need to google very long to see how pink goes terribly wrong.

Good luck.

3. James Tweedle

James Tweedle New Member

Thanks a lot for the help, really appreciate it

I get what you mean re: the stripes being too "business", that's something I was worrying about.

I will have a look around online and see what I see

Thanks again!