• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Advice needed... Did I make a mistake......

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On Saturday I was in NYC and purchased a pair of EG Piccadilly's in Dark Oak Antique.... when I got the home, I realized that they looked very similar to the GC Bradley's back in June...... here are some pics......

The GC Bradley's...

The EG Piccadilly:

The EG is on the left and the GC on the right foot.....

The Cleverley is a darker brown, while the Green seems a couple of shades lighter..... Should I keep the Greens, are they dissimilar enough? or should I return them?

Your opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're unquestionably damned near identical, but not quite (color, full strap v. not). However, you obviously liked them enough to buy them (again...
). So, if you don't have a shoe wardrobe gap that money could otherwise have gone towards filling, and you'll wear both the Cleverleys and the EGs over time, I don't see a problem.

Last edited:

jaywhyy

Reaction score
If you like them (and have the funds), keep them. And if you need justification one of them is full strap while the other isn't.

Balfour

Reaction score
They're great. Prefer the GC in tone, but the EG in design. I would keep both, but I like having multiples of a relatively narrow range of things I use again and again.

As for whether you should keep them, the real question is what is the opportunity cost?

Last edited:

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They're great.  Prefer the GC in tone, but the EG in design.  I would keep both, but I like having multiples of a relatively narrow range of things I use again and again.:foo:

As for whether you should keep them, the real question is what is the opportunity cost?

I agree on both counts, and the Cleverley's look even better in person ,as the camera seems unable to capture their true depth, and the design of the EG is second to none.

atia2

Reaction score
The raised seam (or whatever it's called) and stitching on the apron are different too. Although it's hard to see in the photos, the seam on the Piccadillys is cut along the midline and the stitching is with a fine thread. The seam on the Cleverleys is not cut and is stitched with a much thicker thread or possibly bristle.

Not alike at all, and both keepers!

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would keep both. You will wear brown loafers a lot. One pair will eventually disappear or get ruined in the rain.
It's not like you bought two pairs of red suede loafers. :)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 49 16.2%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 105 34.8%
  • 8”

Votes: 91 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 33 10.9%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.3%