• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Advice needed - Dark green tweed

Reaction score
Dear All,

I'm a newbie here but have long admired some of the outfits posted!

Basically I'm crying out for wardrobe advice. I recently bought a dark green tweed jacket because I thought it would lend itself to lots of combinations but I've actually found it very difficult to wear.

The jacket is a sports jacket cut and the tweed is labelled as Olive but is actually a very dark green with little bits of charcoal and even black in the weave, with a large brick/red and aqua blue check.

I've tried it with jeans, dark brown chelsea boots and a dark blue gingham check shirt but I still felt the outfit was a bit dark and depressing. If I pair it with a light blue oxford, I instantly feels it lacks something, like a burgundy tie or pocket square - but I tend to wear these jackets with jeans or similar, so I don't want to overdress.

I'd love to get tips from experienced dressers!

Thanks

Devoto Perdido

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about contrasting warm colors? Red or orange tie or pocket square? Rich warm brows?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.