1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Advice - HERMES Belts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Flashman, Aug 2, 2010.

1. jhva3

jhva3 Senior Member

^^^^I get what you are saying, but no one is ever going to be able to see that unless they are about to give you a beej. I got a Ferragmo reversible belt that I like for a gift.

2. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Distinguished Member

Anyway, I came to the conclusion that a guy wearing an H-belt radiates a certain p0rn actor vibe.

If anyone asks just say it stands for 'herpes'.

3. hermes man

hermes man Senior Member

i have one but i dont know what i am doing wrong ... the strap doesnt seem to be that durable [​IMG]

4. Flashman

Flashman Senior Member

Back in August 2010 i started this thread.

During the intermetent months I variously waited for the time I could justify the purchase. By Jan I had decided I could go for it.
    Back in December I popped into the NBSt shop but they did not have the buckle and strap I wanted.

Finally after 2 weeks of phone calls and a few angry-ish exchnage I picked up my H belt. I actually paid for the brush finish gold - then after paying for it changed it for the smooth gold as it was the original one I liked.

Very happy.

Cant wait to wear it with my jean - esp in the summer with my white jeans!

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Senior Member

I have a orange one with a gold buckle I wear just with jeans. Or when I golf.

I was reading through the first page and just wondering... where is hermes man?

6. Metlin

Metlin Distinguished Member

where is hermes man?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Distinguished Member

These are the best belts by far. Good purchase. Pics?

8. Flashman

Flashman Senior Member

I took the brown/black strap back anc changed it for the orange/black which was the original colours that I wanted all along when I first liked the belt.

Phew...lucky I found the strap and they had it in stock!

The experince of buying the H belt has been the most stressful shopping experience of my life.

9. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

i actually am not sure if they are supposed to be unisex. because i see that they make the belt straps in different widths. someone correct me if i'm wrong but i think the wider ones are the men's belts. oh, and for those that are disillusioned by the big H buckle - - Hermes makes a lot of different buckles. only a few of them are shaped like a big H [​IMG]

10. carl_paris

carl_paris Senior Member

11. blahman

blahman Distinguished Member

I have an H belt in Black/Brown with gold buckle. Chicks dig it.

Because they think you're rich. Anyway, good for a quick lay. [​IMG]

12. Klobber

Klobber Distinguished Member

I dont mean to be an ignoramus, but what is the big deal with Hermes? I never even heard of them before joining SF. I decided to look around at them, and they go for high dollar. Are they yet another brand label that everyone simply must have, or do they actually have a genuine level of quality making them a sensible, solid choice for clothing and accessories?

13. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

I dont mean to be an ignoramus, but what is the big deal with Hermes? I never even heard of them before joining SF. I decided to look around at them, and they go for high dollar. Are they yet another brand label that everyone simply must have, or do they actually have a genuine level of quality making them a sensible, solid choice for clothing and accessories?

The leatherwork is overated but better than most big label brands. The metalwork is good quality and uses expensive materials - silver and palladium for eg. Better than probably all of the big brands regarding quality, but desperately expensive and a bit blingey IMHO

Charlie

14. blahman

blahman Distinguished Member

The leatherwork is overated but better than most big label brands. The metalwork is good quality and uses expensive materials - silver and palladium for eg. Better than probably all of the big brands regarding quality, but desperately expensive and a bit blingey IMHO

Charlie

You know, a good friend of mine once told me: "When you're young, if you can bling it up, bling the f**k up. Understated elegance is when you are settling down."
    But then again we were arguing over if having the cash whether to go for a Lamborghini or an Aston Martin.

Actually I don't even knowwhy I'm bringing this up.

15. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Distinguished Member

I find hermes belts to be a bit gaudy, more of a sign of status(I'm a rich mfker) than a sign quality / good taste...