Advice - HERMES Belts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Flashman, Aug 2, 2010.

1. jhva3

jhva3 Senior member

^^^^I get what you are saying, but no one is ever going to be able to see that unless they are about to give you a beej. I got a Ferragmo reversible belt that I like for a gift.

2. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Anyway, I came to the conclusion that a guy wearing an H-belt radiates a certain p0rn actor vibe.

If anyone asks just say it stands for 'herpes'.

3. hermes man

hermes man Senior member

i have one but i dont know what i am doing wrong ... the strap doesnt seem to be that durable [​IMG]

4. Flashman

Flashman Senior member

Back in August 2010 i started this thread.

During the intermetent months I variously waited for the time I could justify the purchase. By Jan I had decided I could go for it.
    Back in December I popped into the NBSt shop but they did not have the buckle and strap I wanted.

Finally after 2 weeks of phone calls and a few angry-ish exchnage I picked up my H belt. I actually paid for the brush finish gold - then after paying for it changed it for the smooth gold as it was the original one I liked.

Very happy.

Cant wait to wear it with my jean - esp in the summer with my white jeans!

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Senior member

I have a orange one with a gold buckle I wear just with jeans. Or when I golf.

I was reading through the first page and just wondering... where is hermes man?

6. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

where is hermes man?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

These are the best belts by far. Good purchase. Pics?

8. Flashman

Flashman Senior member

I took the brown/black strap back anc changed it for the orange/black which was the original colours that I wanted all along when I first liked the belt.

Phew...lucky I found the strap and they had it in stock!

The experince of buying the H belt has been the most stressful shopping experience of my life.

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i actually am not sure if they are supposed to be unisex. because i see that they make the belt straps in different widths. someone correct me if i'm wrong but i think the wider ones are the men's belts. oh, and for those that are disillusioned by the big H buckle - - Hermes makes a lot of different buckles. only a few of them are shaped like a big H [​IMG]

10. carl_paris

carl_paris Senior member

11. blahman

blahman Senior member

I have an H belt in Black/Brown with gold buckle. Chicks dig it.

Because they think you're rich. Anyway, good for a quick lay. [​IMG]

12. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

I dont mean to be an ignoramus, but what is the big deal with Hermes? I never even heard of them before joining SF. I decided to look around at them, and they go for high dollar. Are they yet another brand label that everyone simply must have, or do they actually have a genuine level of quality making them a sensible, solid choice for clothing and accessories?

13. Equus Leather

Equus Leather Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I dont mean to be an ignoramus, but what is the big deal with Hermes? I never even heard of them before joining SF. I decided to look around at them, and they go for high dollar. Are they yet another brand label that everyone simply must have, or do they actually have a genuine level of quality making them a sensible, solid choice for clothing and accessories?

The leatherwork is overated but better than most big label brands. The metalwork is good quality and uses expensive materials - silver and palladium for eg. Better than probably all of the big brands regarding quality, but desperately expensive and a bit blingey IMHO

Charlie

14. blahman

blahman Senior member

The leatherwork is overated but better than most big label brands. The metalwork is good quality and uses expensive materials - silver and palladium for eg. Better than probably all of the big brands regarding quality, but desperately expensive and a bit blingey IMHO

Charlie

You know, a good friend of mine once told me: "When you're young, if you can bling it up, bling the f**k up. Understated elegance is when you are settling down."
    But then again we were arguing over if having the cash whether to go for a Lamborghini or an Aston Martin.

Actually I don't even knowwhy I'm bringing this up.

15. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

I find hermes belts to be a bit gaudy, more of a sign of status(I'm a rich mfker) than a sign quality / good taste...