• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice for things to do in NYC

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Staying in Jamaica, NYC for a soccer tournament for the weekend. Taking subway and cab everywhere

I have Friday free and possibly half the day Sunday free.

I know there is tons to do, just wanted some opinions. I like museums, but I just dont think I'll get time

Here is my list.

- Twin towers memorial
- Times square
- New York Pizza
- Central Park
- China Town
- Canal Street
- Jackson Heights for some Indian food.

Appreciate it ya'll

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
I like museums, but I just dont think I'll get time

MoMA has free admissions from 4 to 8 PM on Friday (regular tix is $20 or $12 for students).

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just so you know, there really isn't an official WTC memorial - I beleive there is a memorial-like display along the eastern border near the PATH entrance. Ground-0 is just a huge construction pit. Combine this w/ your Canal St./Chinatown visit, then stop at Arturo's on Houston St. for pizza. If you have Sunday morning off arrive at the Met @ 8:50 (or 10 mins. early whenever it opens) and go in the students entrance (ground level to the left of the main steps) and spend an hour or two before things get busy....

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
appreciate everyones advice. especially Mr. Magoo for his write-up

mps23

Reaction score
i like arturo's, but the wait is so damn long, that it might be more time efficient to just go to any of the other pizza places. i remember waiting forever to eat at arturo's - at that point you might as well wait to eat at una pizza neapolitana. also, you might want to stop by small's - a jazz spot in the west village. finally, taste one of NJ's famous deep fried hot dogs at crif dogs on st mark's.

go to central park & suntan with all the pretty girls. catch a free concert at the prospect park bandshell or at summerstage, etc.

there's too much to do, i won't bother going into the rest.

andyw

Reaction score
.......if you have the time, take a double decker bus that includes passage through Times Square. Ride this around dusk in Times Square and you will feel levitated upon the light emanating from all the signage. I can't really put it in words because it's a surreal experience. As a life long New Yorker, it still has a tremendous Wow factor for me.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know you are short on time, but I just went to a Turner exhibit at the Met this past week. It was amazing. Definitely worth checking out if you done all the regular touristy things before.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why is chinatown on anybodys list? If you want dirty old buildings that smell like rotting fish... I guess. But otherwise...

delirium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
why is chinatown on anybodys list? If you want dirty old buildings that smell like rotting fish... I guess. But otherwise...

eh.gif

ny's chinatown has pretty good, cheap food. i personally like it.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by delirium
eh.gif

ny's chinatown has pretty good, cheap food. i personally like it.

+1. Maybe the guy doesn't like chinese food.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads