• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice about twins

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buckle up ! You're in for quite the ride.
smile.gif

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
cool, my girls were Oct 26.

what stroller did you end up getting? did you get a double snap and go, too?

good luck, get some rest

Thanks for all the kind wishes, guys.

Globe: Wow...the coincidences never end.

We still haven't bought the stroller but my wife seems intent on the Maclaren Twin Triumph. It seems to be well designed for the circumstances we need it for. We don't have a car so haven't really thought about the snap n go types. We did got some ridiculously expensive baby slings though.
ffffuuuu.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Thanks for all the kind wishes, guys.

Globe: Wow...the coincidences never end.

We still haven't bought the stroller but my wife seems intent on the Maclaren Twin Triumph. It seems to be well designed for the circumstances we need it for. We don't have a car so haven't really thought about the snap n go types. We did got some ridiculously expensive baby slings though.
ffffuuuu.gif

good luck - twins get heavy to carry.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
The lull before the storm....due date on October 29!

good luck, eric! keep us posted!

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good luck - twins get heavy to carry.

Thanks. I should have added that we will get the double this week and probably some singles as needed.

Though I suppose the exercise of lugging them around would do me good. I put on too much sympathy weight in the last couple of months.
blush.gif

Annadale

Reaction score
Going to be difficult to squeeze yourself between them in the last month. You have my sympathies.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK...so we have survived the first three months easily. It has been a total blast and these two kids have filled our home with joy and laughter (and dirty diapers).

Looking forward to the next phase.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
and they look absolutely adorable

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine are still a blast at... gasp... 13 years old.

If your twins sleep through the night, count your self as very lucky and me as jealous. Not that I would trade, but boy it would have made our life easier. It was years before we got our sleeping back into order.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My twin boys slept through the night from around 4 month old to around 22 month old. Then it all went full circle. As soon as they could climb out, walk out, feel free to move, they started showing up at our bedroom door or on our bed once or twice a night. We used to be able to put them to bed and do our own thing, even host friends for dinner, they'd sleep through it. Now, impossible. They just walk out of their bed if they know someone's there.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
My twin boys slept through the night from around 4 month old to around 22 month old. Then it all went full circle. As soon as they could climb out, walk out, feel free to move, they started showing up at our bedroom door or on our bed once or twice a night. We used to be able to put them to bed and do our own thing, even host friends for dinner, they'd sleep through it. Now, impossible. They just walk out of their bed if they know someone's there.

somehow we have convinced the twins that the world will end if they get out of bed without specific permission. so they start yelling "I want to get up" at 6:30 or so, and we tell them to wait. one day they are going to figure it out.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
somehow we have convinced the twins that the world will end if they get out of bed without specific permission. so they start yelling "I want to get up" at 6:30 or so, and we tell them to wait. one day they are going to figure it out.

That sounds great. Right now, they're between the stage where you can physically contain them and the stage where they understand rewards and punishment so they can think about their choice of action. Hopefully, we'll get to that latter stage soon because I'm not enjoying the nights right now.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
Go to bed now and don't wake up until your wife tells you it's time to go to the hospital. It may be the last peaceful sleep you get for years.
laugh.gif

I have a boy and a girl- the girl now is a late riser, the boy gets up at 6:00am.
He has figured out that if he gets up before the parents he can spend
peaceful uninterrupted time playing video games. Once we're up, its all
about the homework and "go do something creative, like write a symphony".

He was the one, btw, that always initiated the getting up at night. Nowadays we miss the pad, pad, pad and plunking down into bed that he used to do, even after everyone started sleeping through the night.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads