• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Adventures in stretching Raw Denim

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of Nudie slim jims (dry broken twill) from selfedge recently in my usual denim size, 31, and was having problems getting them to loosen up. I wear jeans about 1-2 days a week to work and have only worn this pair about 4 times total. Well today they were still kind of painful in the thigh, crotch and across the hips. I was about ready to give up on them and put them up in b&s. Mind you I work at a desk all day long so they aren't seeing a lot of movement during the course of a work day. My wife suggested spraying the problem area with a water bottle to help stretch them out. I could see after a few minutes she was onto something. I decided to kick the process into overdrive and stuffed a few old tshirts down the jeans to help. The added bulk stretched the aforementioned areas. I wore them in this state for about 3 hours. They now fit great.

Just wanted to share this laughable method to anybody who was about ready to give up on a pair of their own.

skunkworks

Reaction score
I remember Godmother from 5EP giving a tip to stretch the waist of the 5EPxSFs by spraying inside the waistline with a water bottle. Good stuff.

Kodiak

Reaction score
Real men tough it out for however long it takes.

kookydooky

Reaction score
Why not try wearing them just at home too after work. and exagerate your movements when you need to bend for something

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do people actually go through all this junk to get their jeans to stretch? If it's too tight, buy a size bigger. Chances are, people propably don't want to see you wearing jeans this tight with all your junk hanging out and stuff. Please, be courteous to others.

Kodiak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
Can't you get banned for doing stuff like that?
It should be a bannable offense.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get a similar effect by stuffing a sock in my jeans. Wait ...... did I just admit that in public?

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Do people actually go through all this junk to get their jeans to stretch? If it's too tight, buy a size bigger. Chances are, people propably don't want to see you wearing jeans this tight with all your junk hanging out and stuff. Please, be courteous to others.

please

fosho

Reaction score
Just be careful when trying to stretch your jeans too much. I tried artificially stretching one of my first pairs of raw denim and they turned out kind of weird. Not unwearable, but my point is that I've found they look better when you tough it out for a couple weeks and let them stretch naturally.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.7%
  • 31 - 40