• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventures in Buying a Ferrari for $2

Chris Bennett

Reaction score
Honestly, its not looking too good to drum $12K out of the last set of listings thats live so Ill likely miss it by a good clip. ******* Covid. If the stores hadn't closed Im sure I would have found stuff in the 2 months it was dark sourcing. Thankfully I had enough reserves saved to take me to the finish line - literally would not have been able to get another week out of my stash. If I dont make the goal, Iikely will get the car, just not in the immediate future. Its certainly not the climate to do it, Id prefer to wait a few months anyhow to see where used comps shake out. But in all likelihood will shelve it until next summer when everything is more stable. I will however buy my dream Rolex and do some long needed home renovations, that is for **** sure.
Pretty crazy you have cleared almost 75 G’s from a freaking wallet.

?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
and here we are at the finish line.

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 9.06.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 9.06.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 9.06.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 9.06.38 PM.png

---
$892.99

Investment - $2
Profit - $74,401
To goal - $10,599

Thank you to all of you who followed this thread for the past year and a half, all your well wishes and cheers. If Covid had not shut down the stores and the economy im sure I would have made it, but alas, short by $10,599. Still very proud of what I accomplished from a $2 wallet and I hope its an inspiration to any of you that anything can be done if you put your mind to it.

I assure you there will still be a Ferrari again in my future but with todays climate its probably better it worked out as a miss. My wife and I will reinvest most of the funds in the company, use some extra to do some home renovation and Im going to get my grail Rolex. When the time is right, and even if I met the goal Im not sure now is the right time - you will see me update with some Italian wheels.

This was fun and I appreciate all of your support.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Translation

IM ******* PISSED, WILL SPEND RECKLESSLY

Altermate ending

source.gif

Making a thank you and humble post saying im grateful even though I lost

giphy.gif

what I really wanted to post tonight

tenor.gif

what happens next

tenor.gif

my wife after learning we are not buying a $200,000 automobile

tenor.gif

and before I told her we weren't going to make it

tenor.gif

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the experience. The "ride along" was fun, even if we don't get the final shot of you tooling off into the sunset, in a Ferrari, for now...

...because, as we all know so well: Hollywood adores sequels, so I have no doubt that there will be a "SpooVentures II". ?

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a most valiant effort that I have enjoyed following.

MrKaizen

Reaction score
It's the process that matters, thanks for inspiring us

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and here we are at the finish line.

View attachment 1399207 View attachment 1399208 View attachment 1399209 View attachment 1399210

---
$892.99

Investment - $2
Profit - $74,401
To goal - $10,599

Thank you to all of you who followed this thread for the past year and a half, all your well wishes and cheers. If Covid had not shut down the stores and the economy im sure I would have made it, but alas, short by $10,599. Still very proud of what I accomplished from a $2 wallet and I hope its an inspiration to any of you that anything can be done if you put your mind to it.

I assure you there will still be a Ferrari again in my future but with todays climate its probably better it worked out as a miss. My wife and I will reinvest most of the funds in the company, use some extra to do some home renovation and Im going to get my grail Rolex. When the time is right, and even if I met the goal Im not sure now is the right time - you will see me update with some Italian wheels.

This was fun and I appreciate all of your support.

whats your grail rolex?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I kinda forgot the rules of the game, so :

- i think you can still get a Cali for $74k. Dealers are hurting for sales rn

- or was the deal that you needed to raise 50% of the cost of the car? You can get all kinds of Cali T’s for well under $150k.

- if the deal with the wife was “$85k or bust”, then i get it and say no more

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads