1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Adventures in Buying a Ferrari for $2

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Jan 1, 2019.

1. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

I hope you will track percentage returns for each flip so we can see at the end which item was the best “investment”

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019

2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

me swooping in on spoo's $100,000 ferarri money on the 17th month with alexandria ocasio cortez's 70% marginal tax rate

article-0-09C73626000005DC-823_634x421.jpg

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

tax my cash bruh

4. Splash Pitman

Splash Pitman Member

One red paper clip all over again only in sceptical that any of this is real and even works in the real world .

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Works for whom? I don't think that this is generally applicable, but frankly, that goes for any number of extraordinary endeavors. It's fun insofar as being a spectator (and participant) in any incredible endeavor is fun. It's "real life" in the @SpooPoker is a real person. It's not "real life" in that what he can accomplish in this particular realm is fairly remarkable.

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Ive made no secret that red paperclip was my inspiration to do it the first time. Read that book and recognized I had a talent and an ability to make something that wasn't attainable attainable. But theres no question its real, Ive already done it. This time Im doing it again but documenting the process along the way.

#dontbelievemejustwatch

7. LA Guy

lol.

#donthateappreciate

8. SpooPoker

----NVM-----

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019 at 3:09 AM

9. LA Guy

I dunno man, are those all of yours? If so, why don't you take out a loan against your future earmings from the wallet, and put them all up? If they are consignment, it doesn't really seem fair.

Cheers,

Fok.

10. hooker4186

hooker4186 Distinguished Member

I vote the Napoleon Kitten

11. SpooPoker

anything im posting in this thread is mine.

12. LA Guy

I'd say all - though, frankly, if you are doing the red paperclip thing, it's still a bit of a cheat, since you are using opportunity time already invested and basically shortcircuiting the process. It would be more in the spirit of the game if you had to take the money from the sale of the wallet and start thrifting only from that point on, or at very least, had to invest some time right now into thrifting against those future earnings.

13. SJR3

SJR3 Senior Member

Agreed. I thought that's how it was gonna work. Unsubscribing if not. :eek:

14. SpooPoker

fair enough, just trying to save a week.

Will wait till the wallet ends!

15. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

@SpooPoker my brother. It’s fun to see what you’re up to now. I don’t think anyone here who knows you doubts that this will happen.

But does it really need to be a Ferrari 4-seater, though? Dat California T....it’s not good.