1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Adventures in Buying a Ferrari for $2

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Splash Pitman

Splash Pitman Active Member

Iv pumped all my money into bricks and mortar and what Iv achieved would probably dumbfound you but maybe what I should have done is made up some BS whereas I kept trading up from the slums to a beach side mansion under the guise of feeding my family .

2. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

I honestly don't understand why you're mad. Spoo is a guy who turned a hobby into a business. He likes clothes, learned about labels, and then went thrifting. Over time, by selling and reselling clothes, he's made a business off of it. Why does that offend you?

I get the impression that you think he's trying to say he's better than you, but ... maybe that's about your own class anxiety and hang ups?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019

3. noob in 89

noob in 89 Distinguished Member

I mean, someone else just shared how they found a Cucinelli jacket for $7 and sold it for ~$250. Why is it so unreasonable to think you could simply repeat this action until you had enough money for something extravagant you wanted? It works in the real world; people do it every day. The joy will be in watching someone with a real knowledge and passion snowball a tiny investment into something bigger...

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Im always down for an inspirational story, whatcha got?

5. SJR3

SJR3 Senior Member

The post I quoted from @LA Guy made it seem like you were using items you'd previously found (and have been sitting on for who knows how long), and then were simply "reinvesting" in these high profit items. But now I see you've clarified you're only using the money and the time since your latest sale. So as long as the items are found after the previous item(s) sell, then all's good, carry on. :)

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

yup, everything that happens from the wallet on was found in succession.

7. SJR3

SJR3 Senior Member

Man, owner of this forum is really killin' yo' style when he's casting you in such a false light. I'd be contacting my lawyer about defamation. (JK.)

8. SpooPoker

FAKE NEWS!

9. JohnAAG

JohnAAG Distinguished Member

If you need help improving your image, I know a lawyer who's good with online polls. I hear he also has some Isaia he's looking to unload ...

10. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

Hhaaaahahahahahaha!!!!! Ok sweetheart.

God you’re a salty ass bitch.

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

#FAKENEWS

12. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

Mark Burnett is in your roladex, right?

13. troika

troika Distinguished Member

Damn, the thrift thread leaking reminds me of why I stopped posting there. It's insane to doubt someone's ability to do this when the most popular thread on this forum is literally about doing just that.

Spoo, keep doin what you're doin

14. Chotii

Chotii Senior Member

Dude, today I picked up an XL Ralph Lauren Country Indian blanket print puffer down jacket for $20. I am going to ask $400 and probably get $325-350.

I got no mansion, but I got two kids in college and no loans. Spoo is one of my heroes and inspirations. I hope he gets his Ferrari.

15. troika

troika Distinguished Member

I'll trade you a red paper clip for it