1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

adventures in bespoke: Chittleborough & Morgan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by medtech_expat, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Victor Elfo

Victor Elfo Senior member

Bry2000 comment seems to be pretty accurate when we take into account the report from Simon. The house style seems to be what you get and, from what I've saw, it's basically pictured here.

2. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Is this how the jacket is supposed to look from the side? In other words, is it a stylistic choice unique to tailors like C&M?

It seems to accentuate your back swept posture rather than camoflauge it.

I have the same type of posture and would prefer my jackets to have a cleaner line from the profile.

Like this (mine it OTR Corneliani)

Edit: according to the pic in this thread, the shape of your jacket may be objectively "right": http://www.styleforum.net/t/236057/balance-explained/0_50

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. johanm

johanm Senior member

Could you clarify what you mean by "cleaner profile"? The Coneliani jacket appears to have no shape whatsoever, almost like a poncho. Medtech's jacket follows the curve of his back like I'd expect any tailored jacket to do.

4. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

If it were my jacket, I would like a little more material in the back. The back looks concave to me. Just a stylistic preference

5. johanm

johanm Senior member

Isn't everyone's lower back concave? I guess you could prefer a flat line in the back, but to me that's like preferring flared vents or a roll below the collar....

6. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Senior member

7. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Senior member

No pics at the moment as I'm traveling in Asia. But I've had a few additional basted fittings and things are coming along very nicely, so much so that I just had a basted two days ago on a navy pin DB from Lesser 13oz. I've got pics of that one so will post when back home.

8. medtech_expat

Pics of an interim and then forward fitting of my first commission. Joe and I have taken our time with this one, making small adjustments along the way with modifications to my pattern in parallel. Should be completed for early January. For those of you on the fence with the C&M house style, I've found Joe very open and willing to moderate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  9. medtech_expat

Basted of the DB in Lesser 13oz navy pin. The next fitting wasn't ready last week, but Joe advised that we'd go directly to the forward in January. So far, so good :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  10. vinveritas

vinveritas Senior member

Can't wait for January. Thanks.

11. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

IMO the shape of the lapel where it meets the buttoning point is very distinctive.

12. zsdvx

zsdvx New Member

I suit will look substantially like the silhouette depicted in medtech's basted fitting. In fact, his suit at this early stage has the same shape as my finished suit[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  13. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

They made me a pair of jeans - perfect fit, exactly to the toile, but they only lasted 7 months

An expensive experience.

14. medtech_expat

First commission picked up and being broken in. The DB should be finished in 2 weeks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13 people like this.
  15. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

16. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Senior member

Wow - that looks very nice!

17. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Looks good!

They made me a pair of jeans, but sadly I wore through the knees.

I'd go back for a heavyweight pair though...

It's actually really just Joe Morgan now - Roy Chittleborough has retired!:)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  18. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Very handsome. Lovely shaping through the waist. How do you feel about the style, now that you have it, and how does it fit in with the rest of your tailored clothing?

Thanks for posting pics.

19. medtech_expat

The house style is certainly distinctive, with more personality than my more somber Richard Anderson navy 3-piece. I've worn it twice so far, and while it drew a few compliments walking around Paris I have to say that "civilians" don't distinguish much between tailoring styles. Meaning I can very easily get away with this at the office and transition directly to dinner without feeling the least bit self-conscious.

1 person likes this.
  20. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Looks very good, thank you for sharing!