1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Adriano Goldschmied Denim?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by yamazs, Mar 5, 2007.

1. yamazs

yamazs Well-Known Member

So a salesperson recommended a pair of AG's to me today? I was wondering whether anyone has had any experiences with them. Quality of washes, construction, price:quality ratio...ect...

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Mediocre quality, uninspiring washes, bad price to quality ratio, decent fits. Look elsewhere.

1 person likes this.
  3. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Their "teddyboy" cut is pretty good...but bad quality : price ratio

if their jeans were in the under $100 range, it'd be a good option

4. GWHiZiTSPHiL

GWHiZiTSPHiL Senior member

I have their protege wash/cut. It feels like I'm wearing pajamas, no lie. Sometimes I wear those at night when I can't find me PJs.

1 person likes this.
  5. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Adriano Goldschmied is the Calvin Klein of denim.

6. CityConnection

CityConnection Senior member

I dont have much experience with quality denim but I just bought 2 pairs. At $80 a piece I cant really complain...

7. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Adriano Goldschmied is a wash and denim master. The guy is legit.
    The AG line has been sold and he is now doing Mens Citizens of Humanity which I hate to say have some bad ass washes and fits.

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I have an AG black/grey flannel shirt that's pretty nice. The fit is kind boxy so i can't wear it buttoned up unless i want to look stupid, but it looks good worn open as an overshirt. Material and hardware is nice. Then again, i got it used for cheap. I'd never pay the retail which i'm guessing would be $100 or more.

9. Vernon-Dozier

Vernon-Dozier Senior member

10. CityConnection

I also bought a cashmere sweater and cardigan. I paid $90 for them both. I have only worn both once each but I like them.

11. Casey

Casey Senior member

I have a pima cotton AG shirt I got at an outlet for under $20. It fits great and the material is great. The jeans, however, not so much. Now that doesn't mean that the jeans are bad, because they're not, they just aren't worth their retail value. However, if you find a decent one under $100 at Nordstrom Rack, their outlet store or such, then I don't see the problem.

12. CityConnection

I have a pima cotton AG shirt I got at an outlet for under $20. It fits great and the material is great. The jeans, however, not so much. Now that doesn't mean that the jeans are bad, because they're not, they just aren't worth their retail value. However, if you find a decent one under $100 at Nordstrom Rack, their outlet store or such, then I don't see the problem.

Well, to be honest, I dont know much or own much good quality denim. These are the best quality jeans that I now own, and I like them. Much better than what I was wearing previously...

13. galenpriv

galenpriv Senior member

I think they're pretty good in terms of quality. Washes are unique, fits are extremely true to size. Definitely not worth full price though. I got a pair of the 16 year wash Protege's for $150 (still a little high, but they were $280) and a lighter wash in the Fillmore for $34 on BlueBee (were $170).

14. lifersfc

lifersfc Senior member

I have some one-wash proteges that have broken in great after 2 years of wear. I am not manorexic like most of you, so they actually fit pretty slim on my thighs.

15. fosho

fosho Senior member

The new AG-ed by AG Denim Collection is absolutely amazing. We carry the men's and women's lines at Farinelli's and they are honestly putting out the sickest washes right now. RRL gets a lot of love for their washes, but the stuff AG is doing is as good, if not better, in my opinion.

16. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

I have a pair of Hero's that I really like. While they may not go over well here, I find that fit is good for me. Keep your eyes on Gilt Group for good prices on AG.

17. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Senior member

yeah, a few months ago i was at nordstrom and they had all of the different aged jeans in that series, and they were some of the best washed jeans i've seen in a while. very subtle, sophisticated branding and the washes were very realistic.

they had about 6 different pairs and they lined them up according to how old they were supposed to be.

the funny thing is, they put them in the 'older man' section with the lucky's and quieter button shirts by tommy bahama and the like. but, these look better than anything i've seen in the trendy, young 'rail' section.

i'd buy em on sale. i can't justify spending more than $120 bucks on designer jeans.

18. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

bumpin this because I am interested in gettin some AG's, saw the AG-ed by AG Denim Collection at Barneys and really like the washes.... not sure on cuts though, guess it would be best to try them on in person...

has any one tried the newer AG models? I used to hate their denim back in the day (3+ years ago) but I am really diggin the new washes.. my biggest gripe back in the day was the flimsyness and quality of the denim but I am assuming things have changed? hopefully since they are charging $300+ per pair.

19. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Still not worth the money IMO. (Is anything these days?)

20. Mark C.

Mark C. Senior member

Adriano Goldschmied is a wash and denim master. The guy is legit.

I concur. AG has been in the denim industry for many, MANY years. I've never worn any AG's but I respect the guy's legacy.