1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Adjusting for knock-knees

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by patrickBOOTH, Apr 22, 2010.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Has anybody ever heard of adjustments to trousers, or know of how bespoke tailors work with somebody with knock-knees in order to make the appearance of straight legs without having baggy pants?

2. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

Did you lose a lot of weight? This is common when someone loses a significant amount of weight or could be from more organic reasons.

The legs are shifted on the pattern creating more length over the inseam and a shorter outseam. This will allow the trouser to follow the line of your leg and drape in a seemingly natural line. The tailor needs to see you to know how much or to what degree to swing the pattern. If you were bow legged the pattern would be shifted in the opposite direction.

3. patrickBOOTH

Yes, I was heavy for the majority of my life and then through diet, and lifestyle change I lost 100 pounds. I am forever striken with crooked legs. But this is interesting, can it be done as an alteration, or will there not be enough seam allowance?

4. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

That is a great accomplishment.

It is shifting the leg and not related to outlets. This can be done by altering but the results will vary due to limitations of the finished garment.
    When cutting the trouser both the front and back panel are shifted towards the ouseam. As an alteration you can only shift the front panel which will help some, but not give you the full effect/benefit.

5. patrickBOOTH

I see, thanks a bunch.

6. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have a picture of what adjustment needs to be made to your pattern. I can scan it if you like.

7. patrickBOOTH

Thanks, that would be cool, but if it is a hasstle you don't have to go out of your way.

8. blacktim

blacktim New Member

I have a picture of what adjustment needs to be made to your pattern. I can scan it if you like.

i am on bended knock knees if you can help me out with this. can you send to: wirelesstim@yahoo.com ??

i am sooooo appreciative.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]