• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adidas vs. Puma

jumpman69

Reaction score
These two shoe brands are infamous in other parts of the world, but what is your opinion on them?

I'm really not feeling most of the Puma's designs. Adidas, on the other hand, they got some pretty nice design on most of their shoes. I'm feeling some Pumas, Clydes and Romas, but I'm not really feeling anything else.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
adidas... just overall more classic timeless **** than any other sneaker maker out there.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Adidas > Puma

besides ADIDAS is an acronym for "All Day I Dream About Sex" so that's good enough for me

tangerine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Adidas > Puma

besides ADIDAS is an acronym for "All Day I Dream About Sex" so that's good enough for me

I bet Adi Dassler told you that.

I like more styles of Adidas than I do Puma, but I rarely wear either anymore, am in Vans most of the time.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
For me that's a hard one. Before Puma had their own section in every neighborhood Foot Locker I dug them more. I own more pairs of Puma than I do Adidas'. Who am I kidding, I only have 1 pair of Adidas' some classic white shell tops. But Puma seems to be the 'fad' brand now and so I am thinking of switching allegiance.

Right after I 'walk' to Woodbury Commons and buy me these all black Immortals.

14415_392.jpg

PS: I rock my Tigers and Chucks harder than I do any of the above. My Tigers taking a beating though - should I clean them?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just in a shoe store yesterday pondering the ridiculous similarities between the samba and the puma 10. Same shoe! Who was first?

Sambas win. I thought the samba looked fantastic in white/black, as well as the red/white:

Keeping sneakers clean is lame.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bob
Strangely enough i never noticed vans until i came onto this board. Now im starting to dig their minimalist look.

I grew up in Southern Cali, so I never thought about them one way or the other. Most people had a pair, and I liked most models fine, though I was never a skater, so I didn't wear some of the more skate-style shoes (half cabs, for example). I never really gave them another thought, except as a standard go-to sneaker, until I moved away from Cali. Now I'm developing a huge affection for them.
smile.gif
It's a Vans Renaissance. I still think the checkerboard slips are one of the best sneakers ever made, but that might just be nostalgia on my part. I had a pair that I wore every day for years growing up.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I grew up in Southern Cali, so I never thought about them one way or the other. Most people had a pair, and I liked most models fine, though I was never a skater, so I didn't wear some of the more skate-style shoes (half cabs, for example). I never really gave them another thought, except as a standard go-to sneaker, until I moved away from Cali. Now I'm developing a huge affection for them.
smile.gif
It's a Vans Renaissance. I still think the checkerboard slips are one of the best sneakers ever made, but that might just be nostalgia on my part. I had a pair that I wore every day for years growing up.

The checkerboards are becoming a bit too common place here in NY. I'd feel like a waggonist copping a pair now. Or maybe I should just not watch nuh face and get a pair anyhow.

muelleran

Reaction score
Did you know that Puma was founded by Adi Dassler's brother Rudolf Dassler?

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by muelleran
Did you know that Puma was founded by Adi Dassler's brother Rudolf Dassler?

Are you then saying they sould be called Ruddas'?
teacha.gif

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Adidas, although my Ligas are the most comfortable sneaks I own.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoMak_NYC
The checkerboards are becoming a bit too common place here in NY. I'd feel like a waggonist copping a pair now. Or maybe I should just not watch nuh face and get a pair anyhow.

At some point, the horses pulling the wagon will collapse, and they'll hook it to something else....

On the original question of the thread, which I forgot to answer: Adidas. Definitely.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads