• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adidas tuscany gt

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thinking about buying these, but is it I or is the Goodyear logo on the side a bit off-putting (even though it is made with Goodyear rubber)? Does anyone own a pair of these? Adidas Tuscany GT: (Sorry, I am unable to post the image for some reason) Tuscany GT Jon.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is odd for that logo to be on the side... wouldn't put me off from buying them though.

Not my cup of tea personally...

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yuck, they would look like soccer balls on your feet.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yuck, they would look like soccer balls on your feet.
HAHAHA
biggrin.gif
I didn't think of them that way, but now that I look at them... I'll probably get them though, I like the way they look, plus they are different than most of the sneakers I see lately, and I already did the whole thick, chunky, basketball Nike (or other company) style look. Now, I'm more into Motorsport-style, streamlined design. Jon.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll probably get them though, I like the way they look, plus they are different than most of the sneakers I see lately, and I already did the whole thick, chunky, basketball Nike (or other company) style look. Now, I'm more into Motorsport-style, streamlined design.

Funny, my preference has sort of been in the opposite direction. I was really into the Speedcat style shoes when they first came out, and found that they looked really good with peg legg style jeans. However, recently I've been moving towards a looser style of jeans - either like the APC "English: style jean or a full leg bootcut like the Paper Denim LTD, and I find that a rounder toe, chunkier sneaker balances out the look more. Plus, I like the idea of chasing down the Nike Quickstrikes - and most of those are in basketball models like the Dunk or AF1. Ultimately, though, I think that middle of the road sneakers the Adidas Sambas or Reebok Supercourts, that don't try too hard, are the most versatile model. BTW, I think that a fuller cut, less pronounced bootcut and a fuller legged straightleg jean in darker, less distressed washes are going to be more and more popular. Hopefully, the waistline will remain relatively low (the APC English style has a perfect medium low waistline).

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about buying these, but is it I or is the Goodyear logo on the side a bit off-putting (even though it is made with Goodyear rubber)? Does anyone own a pair of these? Adidas Tuscany GT: (Sorry, I am unable to post the image for some reason) Tuscany GT Jon.
Vey nice but sole do not cover enough on the front so leather will be scrached very quickly

alaaro

Reaction score
they look pretty good, but that Goodyear thing is strange. I think that would keep me from getting them.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(alaaro @ 20 July 2004, 12:49) they look pretty good, but that Goodyear thing is strange. I think that would keep me from getting them.
I guess they are trying to show that they are made Goodyear rubber. Maybe I can find a way to cover that up? Jon.
cover? why? it is not a problem, this is sneakers. if you like it buy it, do not listent to what people think about such a detail as small "good year" on a sole.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(imageWIS @ 20 July 2004, 06:44)
Originally Posted by alaaro,20 July 2004, 12:49
they look pretty good, but that Goodyear thing is strange. I think that would keep me from getting them.
I guess they are trying to show that they are made Goodyear rubber. Maybe I can find a way to cover that up? Jon.
cover? why? it is not a problem, this is sneakers. if you like it buy it, do not listent to what people think about such a detail as small "good year" on a sole.
Yeah, but I don't care what other people think, I don't like the way it looks. I'll still buy them anyways. Jon.

dorian

Reaction score
The soles are amazing, having clearly been designed after one of Goodyear's performance tires. Very cool. If they're made in white I would jump through a few hoops to obtain a pair. Â
biggrin.gif
--EDIT-- Several other colors.... http://www.eastbay.com/catalog....sport=5

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am getting a pair of Pumas from VillageShoes tomorrow, so far the experience has been very good, they sent me the UPS tracking number via email the very day I placed the order. I will update the forum if I am satisfied with the order that way no one else has a bad experience.

Jon.

BTW: They reran Bad Boys II last night and I had it on in the background, and noticed that in one scene Will Smith has a pair of Adidas that looked surprisingly like the GT's.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll probably get them though, I like the way they look, plus they are different than most of the sneakers I see lately, and I already did the whole thick, chunky, basketball Nike (or other company) style look. Now, I'm more into Motorsport-style, streamlined design.
Funny, my preference has sort of been in the opposite direction. I was really into the Speedcat style shoes when they first came out, and found that they looked really good with peg legg style jeans. However, recently I've been moving towards a looser style of jeans - either like the APC "English: style jean or a full leg bootcut like the Paper Denim LTD, and I find that a rounder toe, chunkier sneaker balances out the look more. Plus, I like the idea of chasing down the Nike Quickstrikes - and most of those are in basketball models like the Dunk or AF1. Ultimately, though, I think that middle of the road sneakers the Adidas Sambas or Reebok Supercourts, that don't try too hard, are the most versatile model. BTW, I think that a fuller cut, less pronounced bootcut and a fuller legged straightleg jean in darker, less distressed washes are going to be more and more popular. Hopefully, the waistline will remain relatively low (the APC English style has a perfect medium low waistline).
What year did the Speed Cats come out? Jon.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year did the Speed Cats come out?

That depends what you mean? The SPARC shoes that are actually used for driving have been around for a while - they are the shoes which have the SPARC (sp?) logo on the tongue. I had a couple of pairs of those in early 2002. I think that the driving shoe as a fashion shoe craze started at the end of 2002/beginning of 2003. So I would say that widespread distribution of the shoes started early in 2003. I could be wrong though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads