Adidas tuscany gt

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Jul 18, 2004.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Thinking about buying these, but is it I or is the Goodyear logo on the side a bit off-putting (even though it is made with Goodyear rubber)? Does anyone own a pair of these? Adidas Tuscany GT: (Sorry, I am unable to post the image for some reason) Tuscany GT Jon.

2. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

it is odd for that logo to be on the side... wouldn't put me off from buying them though.

Not my cup of tea personally...

3. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

Yuck, they would look like soccer balls on your feet.

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

HAHAHA [​IMG] I didn't think of them that way, but now that I look at them... I'll probably get them though, I like the way they look, plus they are different than most of the sneakers I see lately, and I already did the whole thick, chunky, basketball Nike (or other company) style look. Now, I'm more into Motorsport-style, streamlined design. Jon.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Funny, my preference has sort of been in the opposite direction. I was really into the Speedcat style shoes when they first came out, and found that they looked really good with peg legg style jeans. However, recently I've been moving towards a looser style of jeans - either like the APC "English: style jean or a full leg bootcut like the Paper Denim LTD, and I find that a rounder toe, chunkier sneaker balances out the look more. Plus, I like the idea of chasing down the Nike Quickstrikes - and most of those are in basketball models like the Dunk or AF1. Ultimately, though, I think that middle of the road sneakers the Adidas Sambas or Reebok Supercourts, that don't try too hard, are the most versatile model. BTW, I think that a fuller cut, less pronounced bootcut and a fuller legged straightleg jean in darker, less distressed washes are going to be more and more popular. Hopefully, the waistline will remain relatively low (the APC English style has a perfect medium low waistline).

6. ernest

ernest Senior member

Vey nice but sole do not cover enough on the front so leather will be scrached very quickly

7. alaaro

alaaro Senior member

they look pretty good, but that Goodyear thing is strange. I think that would keep me from getting them.

8. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I guess they are trying to show that they are made Goodyear rubber. Maybe I can find a way to cover that up?

Jon.

9. ernest

ernest Senior member

(alaaro @ 20 July 2004, 12:49) they look pretty good, but that Goodyear thing is strange. I think that would keep me from getting them.
    I guess they are trying to show that they are made Goodyear rubber. Maybe I can find a way to cover that up? Jon.
    cover? why? it is not a problem, this is sneakers. if you like it buy it, do not listent to what people think about such a detail as small "good year" on a sole.

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

(imageWIS @ 20 July 2004, 06:44)
    they look pretty good, but that Goodyear thing is strange. I think that would keep me from getting them.
    I guess they are trying to show that they are made Goodyear rubber. Maybe I can find a way to cover that up? Jon.
    cover? why? it is not a problem, this is sneakers. if you like it buy it, do not listent to what people think about such a detail as small "good year" on a sole.
    Yeah, but I don't care what other people think, I don't like the way it looks. I'll still buy them anyways. Jon.

11. dorian

dorian Senior member

The soles are amazing, having clearly been designed after one of Goodyear's performance tires. Very cool. If they're made in white I would jump through a few hoops to obtain a pair. Â [​IMG] --EDIT-- Several other colors.... http://www.eastbay.com/catalog....sport=5

12. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Senior member

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I am getting a pair of Pumas from VillageShoes tomorrow, so far the experience has been very good, they sent me the UPS tracking number via email the very day I placed the order. I will update the forum if I am satisfied with the order that way no one else has a bad experience.

Jon.

BTW: They reran Bad Boys II last night and I had it on in the background, and noticed that in one scene Will Smith has a pair of Adidas that looked surprisingly like the GT's.

14. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I'll probably get them though, I like the way they look, plus they are different than most of the sneakers I see lately, and I already did the whole thick, chunky, basketball Nike (or other company) style look. Now, I'm more into Motorsport-style, streamlined design.
    Funny, my preference has sort of been in the opposite direction. I was really into the Speedcat style shoes when they first came out, and found that they looked really good with peg legg style jeans. However, recently I've been moving towards a looser style of jeans - either like the APC "English: style jean or a full leg bootcut like the Paper Denim LTD, and I find that a rounder toe, chunkier sneaker balances out the look more. Plus, I like the idea of chasing down the Nike Quickstrikes - and most of those are in basketball models like the Dunk or AF1. Ultimately, though, I think that middle of the road sneakers the Adidas Sambas or Reebok Supercourts, that don't try too hard, are the most versatile model. BTW, I think that a fuller cut, less pronounced bootcut and a fuller legged straightleg jean in darker, less distressed washes are going to be more and more popular. Hopefully, the waistline will remain relatively low (the APC English style has a perfect medium low waistline).
    What year did the Speed Cats come out? Jon.

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

That depends what you mean? The SPARC shoes that are actually used for driving have been around for a while - they are the shoes which have the SPARC (sp?) logo on the tongue. I had a couple of pairs of those in early 2002. I think that the driving shoe as a fashion shoe craze started at the end of 2002/beginning of 2003. So I would say that widespread distribution of the shoes started early in 2003. I could be wrong though.